Ch.13

Leia's P.O.V
I hated him. I hate him because I didn't hate him at all. I couldn't no matter how much I wanted to. I hated that he left me, again. I hated that he hid this from me. I hate that he's dying for me. I hate that I know that he is going to die and there is nothing I can do. But of all of the things I hated, he wasn't one of them at all. I love him.
I sat in silence with guards watching my every move to make sure I didn't try to escape and go back to the base. They were smart. As we moved further away from the base all we could see were TIE fighter and X-Wings flying around the base in battle. Then we saw one big empire ship arrive. I waited painfully for the moment.
Bombs went off one by one, one after the other. Then there was one big explosion, destroying the entire system. I tried to look away but my eyes widened hoping I would see the falcon make it out of the explosion. But I knew I was waiting for nothing. Han was dead. And I did something that I haven't done in years, I cried.
Han's P.O.V
I watched her ship take off, in complete and utter pain, knowing I would never see her again but knew I had to. Watching her so devastated over her loss of everything because of that monster Vader was unbearable. I had to do something about it but if I told her plan before, I knew she wouldn't like it. My last words to her were I love you, Leia because I needed her to know that I am completely and foolishly in love her if those would be my last words.
The battle began. There were gunshots and TIE fighters left and right. The team grabbed our bag of bombs and placed them all around the base. We waited just for the giant empire ship to lower on to the base. This was it. I took one last glance at Leia's ship, that was moving farther and farther away. Peace. You're finally living in peace, Leia.