Ch.19

As we began to walk upon the falcon Luke stopped me midway up, "Oh Leia, I almost forgot to mention, there is someone here that is going to help us. He is a friend of mine that has been helping the rebels while you were at the medical center with Han." I gave a slight smile then replied, "The more help we have defeating the empire the better." We continued our way up the ramp then I was in shock. It was him. The man that lied to me and tricked me to try to rule by my side over Alderaan. He was the man that I was supposed to marry and I made sure he left Alderaan once I was not blinded by his lies.

"Jon?", I said confused and irritated.

"Leia. Cold hearted ice princess Leia."

"If we are starting off with the nicknames then I have a list for you."

"Still upset with me I see."

"Upset? No, much more things to worry about than you. But care for you? Not at all."

"Oh yes, worrying about your captain. I heard about what happened."

"You seem so sincere."

"I am sorry to barge in but how do you two know each other?", Luke asked sounding like he did not want to hear the answer.

"It's not important.", I responded quickly.

"If you don't 'care' about me then why not tell him?", Jon said.

"That's the point Jon, I don't care to speak on it."

         "Alright, the story can be told another time by you two but for now we have to focus on our plan. The empire is already one step ahead of us now that they know we have hidden bases in many locations.", Luke demanded. I was relieved he jumped in to stop me for communicating any further with Jon. He looked the same as before, just no longer a 18 year old boy but still had fair skin and blondish hair with brown eyes. I tried not making any eye contact with Jon. I could not look at him the same as before.
        I nodded to Luke without saying a word. There was no time to waste as I hurried on board and hid in a smuggling compartment until we passed the guards. I knew the guards had a lot of trust in Luke to not check the ship for any "suspicious items" and I was convinced I fell into that category.
         "All clear, Leia.", Jon said. He moved the piece covering me and held out a hand to help me up. I ignored his gesture and began making my way to Luke at the pilot's seat.
         "Leia, is this really how it is going to be between us? That was years ago, I'm a changed man.", he said to me.
         "For some odd reason, I find that entirely hard to believe.", I replied sarcastically.
         "Well believe it or not but it is true. So that captain was able to find some light in you."
         "More than you could ever find."
         "That sounds like a challenge."
         "See you haven't changed. That's the problem with you, everything is a challenge and for your benefit only."
         "Don't act like you don't like the challenge either. I'm sure your little captain enjoyed the game with you more than he actually enjoyed you."
          "Don't mention him again. You don't know me and you certainly don't know him."
           "At least now I know your soft spot.", he said then walked away to the back of the falcon with a smile on his face. After all of these years, I still do not trust that smile. I walked to Luke and said quietly but casually, "I would be careful with Jon. He's a lot sneaker than you think."
         "What do you have against him, Leia?", Luke asked. I thought for a few seconds before replying the continued, "He is the reason I do not trust anyone. Why I am stubborn. He caused nothing but trouble, more trouble than 18 year old girl should have."
         He was silent for a few minutes then I asked, "Has anything come in the intercom about Han yet?". Luke gave me a saddened look and said, "I just got a call right before you walked over. He is doing worse today. They are worried about him.". I faced my head down to the floor and said, "I was scared of that answer but I saw it coming."
          "Leia, you can't let fear take over, especially with what our task is today. It's the worst enemy of the force, next to anger. Han would want you to be brave.", Luke said. I stayed silent, wondering how Luke could focus on all of the good with the amount of damage occurring in our lives. "We are approaching the Death Star. Are you ready?", Luke asked me. "Face our 'father' who took everything from me? No. But it must be done.", I said to him.

         "You can't go in with so much hate and anger, Leia. That is exactly what they expect and want from someone just learning the ways of the force. And not to mention, from their own child.", Luke said. "I will be fine, Luke.", I said in a stern yet snappy voice. He got quiet as we approached the Death Star then gave me a look. I knew it was time. I was going to defeat Vader.