Ch. 26

We arrived back at the base and everyone stared at me frightened, as I walked off the ship. They glared at me, whispered to each other and would not look me in the eye. Han and Luke walked behind me as I heard them discussing everything that happened on the Death Star. I walked with my head down straight to my room. I knew the routine.
As I got to my room, I sat on the floor next to my bed not wanting to talk to anyone. I was drained and confused. Confused on why I even tried for a second to turn to the dark side. Confused why I healed. Confused how Jon was alive. Confused on what he meant by, "If he remembers.". And the biggest confusion I had is that I was confused on why I am still alive.
There was a knock on my door and I stood up quickly to find out that it was Han. "Glad you made it out alive, Princess.".
I gave him a mad look then asked, "What is up with you?"
"What do you mean?"

"You're acting different since we've left the Death Star."

"Well we did just go on another suicide mission for you. Again, mind you."

"Do you hear yourself, Han? You're calling me a suicide mission."

"Because you are. You care so much about everyone around you that you put yourself in harm. I could have turned you in from the beginning."

       "Well why didn't you? After everything I've done for you and what Jon did to me, I'm still just a mission?"

       "Who the heck is Jon?"

"You're joking, right? The man that- ", then it clicked. All of it made sense finally. "Oh my god", I continued.

"What?", he asked very confused.

"Where is Luke?"

"In his room, why?"

"I need to talk to him.", I said as I began to walk to Luke's room.

"Leia, what's going on?", he asked as he followed me, then continued, "Come on princess, I know you can hear me."

"You don't remember anything from the Death Star?", I asked him.

"Of course I do, we went to save you because you decided that becoming friends with the dark side was a great plan to defeat them."

"Just, go talk to the general, please. Let him know I'm alright.", I said to Han. He sighed before saying, "Fine.". Then he walked away.
I walked away to Luke's room, "Luke, we have a huge problem.", I said as he saw me more worried than ever. He got up quickly and walked over to me, "Leia, what's wrong?"
        "Han. He forgot everything. And there is one reasoning behind it. Jon. He took away Han's memory about what happened today. And about him and I."
        Luke was in shock. "There is no way he forgot everything. I nodded my head trying to hold back tears. "I'm losing him again, Luke." He didn't know what to say or do except to hug me. As I hugged him, I saw Han through the hall window and he stood there for a moment, we locked eyes. Han looked at me and gave me a sad smile. I knew the Han I knew was still there somewhere and I was going to get him back.