Chapter 8

Feeling I was nearing my breaking point, I ran to the bathroom of JJ's house to lock myself in and cry my little heart out. I sobbed in the corner of the bathroom until I got tired. I honestly didn't want to speak to anyone. Not KD, not my family members, Paul and especially not JJ.

I wiped my teary eyes and stood up in the mirror to fix my appearance. I was screaming in my head to pull myself together but the more I thought about harming another person the more my body trembled. I didn't want to be here. I wanted to be somewhere beautiful, like looking out at a gorgeous sea, or hearing nothing but the waves of the ocean and the birds chirping high above. This almost made me tear up again because it wasn't nothing but a dream..a fantasy.

I pulled out my phone to dial Jenna's number. I don't know why but she was the only person in my heart I knew I wanted to speak with.

"Hello, Skin? You okay?" Jenna voice was calm and soothing. I couldn't help but wonder how she kept everything together when everything was falling apart around me. It has to cross her mind that I was into some deep shit, yet not once has she tried to force answers out of me.

I know Jenna grew up without both of her parents, they were killed in their sleep by a rival gang. Her dad was the plug, he had anything any street nigga which he owned. Everything thing from drugs, guns, bulletproof vests, money, pills, cars and the list goes on. From what I hear when the rival gang broke into Jenna's dad condo when she was only 7 months old. They wanted one person and one person only. I believed Jenna's mom was unfortunate enough to be in the bed with him at the time that night, since throughout the last 3 months she would fall asleep in the baby's room. Just so happen that night that Jenna slept early and peacefully.

Her uncle decided to take care of her, despite having 7 kids of his own already and living with two baby mama's. He was a lot like his brother but completely different too. Jenna's dad from what I hear, was a peaceful and understanding man. He never did anything disloyal or dishonest, there was always a method behind his madness.

The young cats didn't like him and boiled with jealousy because they didn't have what he had. They didn't respect the O.G and felt like the O.G didn't respect them. When in reality he just didn't want to deal with a lot of street cats, he was into doing business with people who had it, not the people that wanted it.

Now her uncle was no joke either, he had money and connections of his own but once his brother died, he was shocked that his brother connections set him up with money and loads of cocaine. Jenna told me once that her dad left everything to his brother because they built their own empire together when they were just 14, and he knew if anything happened to him his smart, but ruthless brother would raise Jenna the right way. I agreed with this because..she really was something else.

"Jenna.." I sniffed while trying to gather all my emotions together, but I felt as if I was having a panic attack. My body wouldn't stop shaking and I was gasping for air from trying to gold back the tears. Was I losing my mind? I held my chest feeling my erratic heartbeat and search for the words I couldn't say.

"Don't say anything honey! Where are you? I'm coming to pick you up."

"I'm um at JJ h-h-hou-se, and um y-ya know where I-it is?" I huffed, growing frustrated because of my stumbly words.

"Yes I do hun..I'm on my way."

I hung up the phone and waited. I sat down on the floor running my fingers through my hair. I shook my head.

"What am I doing here?" I muttered to myself, looking down at the floor as if it had the answer I needed.
I heard a knock at the door all of the sudden and stood up immediately.

"What?! I'm on the toliet!" I lied

"It's me Paul , you okay Skin?"

"Um yeah I-I think so.." I cleared my throat, thankful that I was calming down. I still wanted to seem tough to Paul, so I made sure to sound all together.

"Just doing women stuff Pauly and I don't feel good so Jenna's picking me up."

"Perfect, shit I got business with her uncle Don. Mind if roll with yall?"

"Damn, you fucking with Don like that?"

"Yeah, I do all type of business with him, shit to be honest I learned more shit about the streets with him, then I eva did with KD. Shit don't get me wrong KD the shit on the west, but Don? That nigga know his shit he well respected all across Saint Louis. When you get done handling business with KD, come roll with me sometime."

I paused. Not knowing what to think or say.
"Definitely something to think about." I admitted.

"Look Skin, this shit that you involved in ain't no joke. You're still beautiful and young if you need to talk bout anything I'm here."
I didn't say anything. I bit down on my nails, what I do everytime I'm stressed. It sucked cause I just got my nails done and now my anxiety had ruined the pretty glossy, black polish.

After moments of silence I heard faded foot steps. Paul left me to think to myself, which I'm thankful for cause I was done talking. I just wanted to see Jenna.
Even though I wasn't a big believer in god, my prayers were answered when I heard Jenna voice. My heart fluttered but I wasted no time opening the door.

Jenna pulled me into a big hug and patted my back. When we pulled away I had a funny felling in my stomach. I gave her a small smile and evaluated her outfit. She wore a white tank top with ripped blue jeans, and black heels.

Simple but stunning. My feelings for her was shifting and it was much to early to tell if that was a good thing or a bad thing.
Our eyes met and hers was arched.
I swallowed due to the fact she saw me checking her out again.

"I'm all yours Skin." Jenna softly stated, moving closer to me. She shut the door behind her and I hadn't moved a inch. She said "I'm all yours." What did she mean by that? My heart was thumping into my ear drums now.

Without being aware Jenna leaned in to kiss me softly. I almost gasped but was taken by her intoxicating sent. She smelled like the breeze of a sea. It was strange to me, cause I never even been near a sea. I mentally laughed at my own thoughts.

"Finally, you smiled." Jenna stepped back just a little bit to see if I had a reaction. I didn't know how I looked but I knew my face had to be flushed.

"Ready to go?" I asked after clearing my throat.

"Yes beautiful, oh and Paul wanted to know if he could come with us, but I said no because we need alone time. He was cool with it though, he just asked if JJ could take him." Jenna explained this as we were walking out of JJ's house.

"Here's a good question." I stated as we got into Jenna's black Chevy.

"Let's hear it" Jenna beamed.

I chuckled and strapped my seat belt on then continued my sentence.

"Why don't Paul drive himself? Ever wondered? I mean damn he's 24."

Jenna smiled and leaned in to kiss my lips once more. Everytime it felt the same. Indescribably amazing and intoxicating. She was really turning me on and all she did was give me cute peck kisses.

"Skin, Paul is terrified of driving he can't stand it."
I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

"How did you know that?" I questioned, growing more curious by the second.

"Don told me. When Paul was 13 they got really close, almost like daddy and son close. Paul just told Don about a time he was in an accident with his dad and his younger brother who was about 6. The accident was bad and both died, but Paul." Jenna answered.

I swallowed hard. "WOW, how come no one ever told me!?"

Jenna kept a smirk on her face. I don't think she thought it was amusing, but most likely "cute." Either that or she really missed seeing me. I hadn't spoke to her hardly ever since the incident back home. I was starting to see the effect we had on each other.

"Cause love, you're just 17 but you're grown now so I'm telling you."

Jenna was 20 and sometimes I forgot this but I don't know why, it's not like she's immature cause she was far from.
I groaned and placed my head on the glass window as Jenna drove us to her house. It was much bigger than mines and I only been there once when I was 15 and even then I had a crush on Jenna. She always preferred to be at my shitty house.

I honestly couldn't just wait to get away from reality for a while and enter paradise with the pretty woman next to me. I knew less than more about Jenna, we just vibe good and I want to dive deeper now and figure out why our souls understood each other's so well.