Chapter 22

"So tell me anything, something about you Skin." Kelly placed her hands on the diner table, leaning over the table a little to wiggle her eyebrows at me.

I turn my head laughing.

"Shut-up."

"Ugh no." Kelly groaned, sitting back fully in her seat. Then pouted before coming up with something else to say.

"Ok, ask me something then Skin." Kelly rubs the back of her neck and gives me a shy smile. Weird.

I stopped side glancing out the diner window to follow Kelly's gaze that was scanning my face for an answer.

This was my chance, my chance to find out something I haven't known before. I smirked to myself but it made Kelly blush and in return gives a equally wicked smile.

"You don't blush often Kelly." I was only teasing, but I don't think it was a good ideal.

Kelly shoots daggers at me with her piercing hellish eyes and I gulped hard. I reached for my water to break away the eye contact that gave me goosebumps. Will I ever get use to those? It's not just her eyes, it's her long eye lashes, her black mascara and something I noticed just now and I can't fucking believe it.

If you had balls enough to stare at the rare beauty, you can see a very small tattoo under Kelly's left eyelid. It was tattooed in red ink. The picture is of a heart being struck by lightning, breaking the heart into two. Was this her only one? Either way, what I'm saying is everything about her face compliments her eyes.

"Here's your salad." I jumped at the waitress voice but calmed down and thanked her.

I look up at Kelly and she is still waiting for me to talk. Oh well, no other choice but to talk I guess.

"Are you and Jenna trying to set up a client list for me?" The question came out fluent, I surprised my damn self.

I must of nailed it. Kelly looks genuinely shocked.
Kelly laugh is short and she gives me suspicious look.

"You just guessed that off a piece of fucking paper?" Kelly was frowning now. Shit I shouldn't of said that, right?

I shook my head fast. "N-no. I mean yes. Just.. don't be mad please.." It was pitiful I was afraid to get in trouble as if she was a parent figure..

Kelly relaxed her face when she noticed me getting fidgety. I look to my salad instead of her and start to stuff my face nervously.

"I'm impressed not mad Skin." Kelly chuckles. "You don't get nervous often.."

I glare at Kelly. "Good comeback." I think of another question then asked after I finished my glass of water.

"What do you do for a living?"

"You're smart and you haven't noticed my badges on my jacket that you're wearing?" Kelly raise her eyebrows, pointing to the jacket. "That you look too damn good in by the way." She leans back smoothly in the booth, staring me down with no shame at all.

I just stared back with a face that was on fire and a heart that wouldn't deny the excitement Kelly's words give me.

Fuck..I know this look. In a heartbeat Kelly jumps out her seat to sit next to me instead. Kelly's shoulder touched mines instantly.

I tried to catch my breath. Why am I a nervous wreck around her? I end up dropping my fork in the plate due to shock. I'm staring straight ahead now until Kelly grips my chin to make me look at her. She leans into my ear.

I hear a short laugh again then she whisper so low that my soul almost melted.

"Woah, now now there Skin don't get nervous." Yet my whole body is stiffen up.