Chapter 25

I found it odd as hell to see happy strangers and find some type of comfort. Yet, I did. Even passing smiles, covered with looks of wonder, and worry made me feel alright. I hear people laughing and whispering at the white tape attached to my face. I don't blame them. If the shoe was on the other foot I would most likely do the same.

They don't know what I've been through so I don't mind the ignorance.

"Hey can I get one of those?" I point to a box of Newports that a young black man was holding in his hand as he passed by me with a group of guys who's attention were now on me.

"Nawwwww..." The guy shakes his head smiling widely then looking back at his friends. They just shrugged and began talking to each other.

I wasn't giving in. I was stressed and didn't have any weed to smoke. I scratched my temple and continued to convince the young man.

I point to the cigarette box again.

"Buy me a carton of those then..if I give you a hundred dollars you can keep the rest." I slide both hands in my pocket waiting for a response.

I offered and felt pretty confident he would accept. He even looked like he needed the money. Nike shoes was all bent up and wore down, his white tank top was stained with what looked and smelt like beer, and on top of that he wasn't even well groomed. His friends looked equally dirty.

"You must not be old enough to buy huh?" The young man guessed, squinting his ugly eyes at me.

Old enough to blow your fucking brains out the back of your skull, if you don't shut the fuck up...

I shake my head and pull out my wallet to hand him a solid hundred. The store was literally right next to us and he walks in to do what he do, and return with my bag. I look inside to make sure I wasn't getting played.

"All there..thanks.." I walk off but not before hearing the man yell after me.

"Hey you kinda cute! What happened to your face!?"

I looked back grinning and shrugged my shoulder.

"I cut it!" Turning back around laughing at my very own insanity.

I take one of the boxes of Newports out and smoke one walking down the lit up streets The city lights always look best at nighttime. On top of that it was the perfect weather tonight. It felt around 70 degrees and the wind wasn't even blowing hard. I smoked the terrible cigarette that seem to give my chest a diffrent type of satisfaction than weed did. Not saying it was better but I think I could get use to them, this was my first time hitting a full square.

The next store I decided to shop at was a little gothic for my taste, but I believe it reminded me of Kelly and that's why I went in. It's a off feeling to not want to see someone yet, hope to find their face around when you feel alone. I sighed. I need fucking help, this lady was haunting me.

The store was compacted but full of chatty people.

"Fucking wicked! Can we see?"

I turn around still holding a black whipping stick in my hand, out of curiosity of course..weird store.

"This?" I asked the two girls. Holding the whip up and pointing at it with my face in disgust. I knew they wanted to see my scar but I had fun teasing the two. One of the girls was pretty tall. She had on red boots, fishnet stocking that led all the way under her ripped up black shorts, studded armbands, red lipstick, long eye-lashes, piercing on her eyebrow and a visible tattoo of a elephant on her hand. The girl was pretty, even if her style was wild. Her jet black hair was longer than mines and her eyes were a dark brown.