Chapter 17

Skin Point of view

"I actually really dislike it when white people stare at me." Jenna took a deep breath and put her hair in a ponytail, as she scanned the room that was very large. The carpet was black and the walls was a tanish brown, covered with modern art and classic art.
Most faces were white but it didn't seem to bother me as much as Jenna even if I was getting stared at.

"I swear I'm going to lean over this damn table and and shove my tongue in yo mouth." Jenna growled while still scanning the area. Jenna sat back in her chair and continued to look in discomfort.

"That'd get em sum to stare at." She continued while tapping her fingers on the table. Something was telling me this was the last place she wanted to be.

I rolled my eyes.
"You can do whatever you want. I just see it as you and me in here no one else."

Jenna finally met my eyes. She was holding back a smile big time, so she just ended up squinting her eyes back at me.

"Yeah I guess. Still it pisses me off when they just stare at you, trying to figure out how two young nigga girls get as fancy as them. It's like they either think we are gold diggers or prostitutes."

Jenna ranted and even raised her voice enough amongst other conversations, for a older white lady with short gray hair, and gold bracelets and even diamond stud earrings, to take notice and give her a dirty look. She was sitting with an older man with black hair and a little chunky. The man didn't look this way until the lady (possibly wife) nudged her head slightly to our direction.
I saw this but made sure to keep it to myself.

I understood what she met completely I just couldn't relate. I never been in an actual situation where I felt judged by another person of race, not that I'm completely blind of discrimination but I haven't gotten to see it with my own eyes or feel it. Not until this moment. Didn't things happen like this on movies and movies only?

"Well we do bad things for money." I added.

"So do they. White people make a living off ripping people off by the thousands. So just because they do their dirt behind closed doors and get away it, I should feel guilty or regretfull? Nah, I don't think so love." Jenna was frustrated but still matained a calm like posture and facial expressions throughout.

"You have a good point." I admitted shrugging my shoulders.

A few moments later a waitress finally came over to take our orders. The white girl stood at around 5'6, wavy blond hair, blue eyes and terrible teeth if you ask me.

"Are you two ready to order?" She asked meeting both our eyes.

Jenna rolled her eyes intentionally for the other lady to see. The white lady just raised her eyebrows as if she was thrown off by the rudeness of Jenna.

"Is there anything I can help you two with?" The blond smacked her lips with an nasty tone. Blonde was flipping her hair and standing in a way where her hands where on her hips to imitate a "ghetto" way of holding up her posture.

I would of thought it was just who the girl was, but she sounded educated and didn't seem like the white ghetto girls I'm used to. Instead she was very preppy, she even talked like a stereotypical cheerleader.

"First of all um yes. Me and my lovely lady been waiting at least 30 more minutes than the white fuckers not too far behind us." Jenna pointed her thumb to the back while looking blondy in her eyes absolutely pissed.

"Like why the fuck is that huh? Skin is brown as hell. So don't give me shit about you didn't see us! Because although I'm fucking bright as light and mixed don't mean nun! You saw this girl and you saw us like 45 minutes ago."