Chapter 36"The pits" Part 2

If this was a love story I would say I awoken with the love of my life, holding me close in her arms with the sun beaming on our intertwined bodies. I would tell you we kissed tenderly and got out of bed, showered together, made breakfast while we laughed, and shared our day plans, but no. Instead, I awoke to an vacant room. Growing anxious that I was alone again, I scrambled to get clothes on, which wasn't anything but that of a long t-shirt and a pair of underwear. Once I barged out of the room, to my relief Kelly was on the phone laughing and having a good ol' time while I was having a mini heart-attack.

So what did I do? I left my anger unchecked and flung Kelly's phone to the other side of the room, that of course, started an entire argument on "what the hell was wrong with me", and well she was right, but I haven't grasped what came over me, therefore I kept up with the fussing until I agreed to buy her another phone. I'm mindful to the fact she has the money to buy a dozen phones, even so, I felt guilty for acting so childish. That's not even the worst part. Kelly waits until I buy her the phone to break the news that it was Jenna who she was on the phone with, and that she would be back in town for a few weeks. How did I feel about it? Strange. I thought I would burst of joy. I didn't.

Kelly noted my non-response to the news she believed would excite me. Yet, she did not address this, only pretending to be in the dark. Throughout, Kelly continued to jabber as we made our way-out of the store, until she uttered something which then, ranged in my ear.

"That, and Kenny tells me J.J. back in the pits and Jenna wants to fight him bad, always have. Never fully understood it." Kelly was smacking on a handful of potato chips and keeping her eyes on the road. She was so..peculiar? You would assume we didn't have sex for the first time, also it could well be the age difference. Kelly doesn't need to behave like a "head over hills" teenager to show she loves me. Its something I could be expecting from her and I shouldn't. That bullshit romantic love exists in movies anyhow.

"So do you want to see the fights tonight? I'm so sure Jenna's gonna kick his ass." Kelly turns her attention to me to scan my body before winking.

I usually would melt in that. Just not today.

"I want to drop that money of to Donnie." I announced to Kelly, nudging my head to the backseat.

Kelly snickers. "Hey same here, let me just.. get this shit off to my clubhouse and we can stop by Donnie's place after. Cool?"

Cool. But it was all but cool.

Kelly makes it to the clubhouse to hand-over the bag to one of her club members. I hang-around at the bar drinking and texting Donnie. Nothing of interest happens until Kenny burst through the clubhouse doors, ranting and raving about his baby mama. It was serious enough that he had a gun in his hand threating to "kill that bitch." From the looks of it he was in a major domestic fight. His clothes that were usually neat and spiffy, were torn and stretched.

Kelly rushed to Kenny and dragged him outside, not before turning around and meeting my eyes. Without a single word or signal I knew she was calling for me, and so out my seat and the clubhouse I went. Certain other members joined us outside the clubhouse but maintained their distance by sitting on their bikes. Could they be of more importance than the other members who remined inside?

Kenny ranted and raved about some big nigga who cooks methamphetamine in the house with his baby inside. That being said, it was his son's birthday and he went to stop by to drop off a few gifts. What he found instead, was both of them extremely high, bagging up their product, with the baby in the kitchen in the highchair. Kenny claims they were even to high to hear him knocking. He fought with the guy and maybe lost? Out the house he went and now he is here.