Chapter 35 "The Pits"

"How much is it?" I asked Kelly.

She didn't reply. I looked over my shoulder from the couch to see Kelly too invested in putting stacks of bills into the money counter, then she would wrap the stack of cash in a rubber band and throw them back into the duffel bag. I don't think she heard me.

I look back at the other bag which sat at my foot. It wasn't full of cash. I wish. Instead it was filled with shit I wasn't invested into, such as coke and weed. Pounds of it. I mean shit, the weed smell was powerful. A mixture of sweet berry and maybe cat litter? Geez. I might get high of contact the way I kept opening up the bags to smell them. Seriously, I don't think I ever smoked weed as potent as this shit.

I hear Kelly footsteps get closer until she tapped my shoulder. I turn my attention to her. The attention I tried to get a few moments ago.

"Its 250,000 Skin." Kelly stated this as if it were nothing. Oh, yes because Kelly is a secret fucking cash machine. Even if she does trust me, Kelly's not the one to talk about business when she's around me. Which leads me to knowing only certain things about the lady.

I on the other hand, attempted to hide my excitement to appear cool and calmly collected. similar to Kelly's mood. Fuck me, I haven't even made that much killing.

I sighed and started to rub my forehead. What am I even doing? I need a plan. Here I was with all the money I need to move out of Saint Louis and start over fresh, yet my drive to kill KD and JJ was getting stronger. I can sense the obsession around the corner for me and that's something I wasn't equipped to feeling. On top of all that, I feel as if Kelly don't want me to kill them. Not because she care about those assholes but she cared for me and my mental state.

"It's all yours you know? I don't want the money.." Kelly finally sits down next to me with her eyes glued to mines. Okay, she was serious. How fucking selfless is that?

She..didn't want any? I felt bad. She did all the hard work to get it right? I couldn't accept that. My eyes darted back to the bag of drugs. I know Kelly loves to smoke, plus her biker crew more than likely dabbled into drugs, and that wasn't my cup of tea.

I point my finger at the other bag with a smile.

"Now if you tell me you don't want the weed and dope I know you're full of shit Kelly." Amused at Kelly being too nice, I decided to open one of the weed bags to let the smell escape and invade Kelly's nose.

I watched her expression. Oh yeah, that's what I wanted. Kelly eyebrows went high and she wrinkled her nose a bit. She nodded.

"Ok, maybe I do want the drugs."

***

I stepped out the bedroom but before I closed the door I took a look back at Kelly to make sure she was still asleep. And she was indeed. Her heavy breathing and slight twitching told it all. Quietly I shut the door behind me and tiptoed to my bathroom. I shut that door also, then turn on the sink water.

I dialed Donnie's number and waited for him to pick up. I knew Donnie would answer for me. No matter the time or day, and I was proven correct when he picked up on the 3rd ring.

"Hey Donnie, hope I didn't wake you."

Donnie yawns over the phone. "Nahh you didn't I'm just bored doing some class work..you need anything? You know I will help you."

I fucking loved Donnie. He always do for me, but have I ever done for him? Oh. I did kill that bully of his. Now I'm not feeling so guilty, still he did much more for me.

"Yes..I do need a favor from you a big one. You might have to get closer than you want."

"Woah, sounds like I get to do some actual private investigation! I'm in Skin! What you need?"