Chapter 20

I was already drinking my cup of.. whatever the hell Kelly put in here. It wasn't tasteful at all. It set my chest and throat on fire, I even wiggled my nose around due to the strong aroma. That didn't keep me from chugging away. The basement was actually warm and humid, the floors were concrete and the walls are painted an apple red. The basement strobe light colors were neon green and a bright neon yellow. Great I can go blind and have a seizure all at once, and the cause wouldn't be alcohol. It would be these annoying ass lights.

This place was over crowded. You had to push and slip pass sweaty men and women roaring at a fight already in progress. The roaring bass from the speakers did my ears no justice neither.

The place was a fucking club. Jenna's hold on my hand got tighter. We were trying to make our way to Kenny where he had reserved seats in-front of the fighting ring for us. I was thankful because I didn't want to be standing like these fuckers.

"Aye my niggas! hurry up that nigga Eric just got floored Jenna!" Kenny stood up waving his arm around then pointed to the fight in the ring. Once clearly in view, along with the empty seats next to him, Jenna lets my hand go and points to the chair in the middle.

I take my seat, taking another sip of the strong drink, surprised that I only felt a bit buzzed considering that my drink was half gone now. I frowned at my cup like an upset kid. Kelly and Jenna sits next to me of course. Kelly notices my angry glare and I hear her chuckle. I'm only looking at her pale blue eyes that have a strange allure to them under the green light. I gulped hard. This women needs to stop fucking looking at me. I look at both of them, who were now studying their papers. Fuck. I took another sip looking over at Kenny who did the same until the announcer steps into the ring, ready to introduce another fight. Kenny was oddly a very nice, strange and handsome man, he seemed wild as his sister and just as mysterious.

I take a mental note that I'm now studying my environment and the people around me. Everyone is interested in what's on their papers, passing cash around, shouting at one of another and throwing their hands up in frustration. I see a tall black man getting hyped up by his friends with a stressed out face before entering the ring and jumping around. The bass is still rocking the basement and you can see the weird effect this place has on people. Groups of people twerking and dancing while drinking at the same time, few are making drug transactions. I sip the last of my drink and my head isn't spinning but it's kicking in and I don't know my limit.

"I fucking bet 200 dollars on Eric punk ass!" Jenna suddenly shouted.

"Jenna." I laughed. "Why bet on em!? You know him?!" I holler over the rowdy crowd.

She nodded. "Oh fuck yes. I grew up with this lazy ass." She chuckles then studies me.

"I knew you needed this..or something..I don't know Skin you're so different most people would be crying their eyes out, going crazy or having a mental breakdown, but you..are fucking patient has hell it's kinda scary." She laughs it off but there's a hint of nervousness and that's something I've never seen from her before.

Was I ok? I know for sure I wanted to find out where the hell KD, Paul, and even J.J sneaky asses ran and hid off to. As far as my mama.. I shook my head. Nope. Not tonight I'm gonna suck it up and worry about myself. No matter how selfish I might of been at the moment.

"Jenna..I feel fucked up." I admitted that to her and I don't know why.

I left it at at. The look in her eyes were so sad for a moment. It went away when she looked away then back at me nodding. I only wanted to kiss her right now but I felt like shit and I couldn't explain why.