The White Council

Thalion checked once again to make sure that he had everything that he would need.
Satisfied that everything was in order, he left his room and made his way to where Gandalf was waiting.

On his way out he ran into Inwë in the hall. He pulled her into a hug and she put her arms around his neck.

"Promise me that you will come back soon."
She said softly.
"I will, and when I do we will finally be wed."

Inwë smiled sadly.
"Legolas used to tease you about getting married."
Thalion chuckled.
"Yes he did."
"I told him that I had been waiting for you to ask me."

Thalion looked at her in surprise.
"You had?"
"Yes. He was very excited about it, he told me that he looked forward to it."

Thalion felt a pang of sadness pierce his heart. What were they supposed to do without Legolas?

"I have to go now. I will be bacl soon."
Thalion kissed her gently and went to join Gandalf.
Inwë watched him go sadly.
Be safe my love.

»»»»

"Gandalf?"
"Yes Thalion?"
"What exactly are the White Council going to discuss?"

Gandalf shifted on his horse as they rode on through towards Lothlorien. They had left Mirkwood several days ago and were almost to their destination.

"There has been some strange activity going on near Lothlorien's borders. Although before I left for Mirkwood I was informed that the same thing was also happening near
Gondor."

Thalion tensed.
"What do you think it is?"
"I do not know. I can only hope that Lord Celeborn has been able to find out something while I was away."

They fell silent after that. Thalion had always been curious about the White Council. He knew thatvhis father used to be on it, but had left many years ago.

Thalion still didn't know why. He did know that Lord Celeborn and the Lady Galadriel were on it, though he had never seen the Lord and Lady of the Golden Wood in person before.

Elrond was on the council as well and Thalion was familiar with him. But he also knew that Saruman the White was the head of the council.

Would the wizard be there?
He wanted to ask Gandalf but just then they arrived at the border of Lothlorien.

Thalion had never been to Lorien before, and he was immediately drawn by the beauty of the wood.

"Soon Thalion, you shall meet the Lord and Lady of Lothlorien. Remember, you are representing your father in this meeting. I trust that you know how to handle yourself?"
Gandalf's voice hinted the tiniest trace of humor.

"I will be fine Gandalf. It is only a small meeting is it not?"
When Gandalf didn't reply Thalion fell silent again.

»»»»