Torment

"DICK HOW COULD YOU HAVE NOT TOLD ME THAT YOU AND Y/N WERE DATING?!" Barbara shoted

"I'm sorry Barbara I didn't know my dating life mattered so much to you..." Dick said

I just stood there awkwardly and I had no idea what to say, I felt terrible Dick and Barbara were best friends but I was also kind of confused on why she was angry. I couldn't think to myself, Barbara kept shouting.

"DICK I AM SERIOUS, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOUR DATING LIFE COULD DO TO AFFECT YOUR HERO LIFE?!" She shouted.

"Barbara, you have no idea how much I love her, she is wonderful." Dick said with such heart. 

It almost pained me to say what I was about to say, I had to say it, even if I didn't want to.

"Dick, I think we should call it off, I do not want you be the cause of your friendship being broken" I said

"Y/N, no..." Dick said taking my hand "No, no, no, please do not leave me" His eyes started to water, and I could feel the sadness in his eyes.

"I have to" my voice cracked and I knew I was gonna cry. "Goodbye" 

His hand slipped out of mine and I heard him fall too his knees, I didn't turn back, I knew it would hurt so much more if I did, so I walked to the zeta tube, and it zetad me back to Bludhaven, and I sat in the alleyway and sat down and hugged my knees in the cut-off alleyway and cried, quietly. 

I finally realized why Barbara was so angry, she was jealous, she was in love with him. It must have pained her to see us together. It felt like torment. Just like how I feel right now. Jealousy is Torment.