50's Groove

I sat in this 50's themed diner. Drinking milkshakes, thinking about life. It's like when you're in bed and it's 3 AM with the lights off and you're lying awake in your bed. In this case, it's a 50's themed diner. I sat at the front counter where the cashier was, making casual conversation. 

I was looking at my phone and my friend Cassie was texting me, I was bored, and did not want to go home to my family who did not care about what I did unless I got in trouble or they needed something. So going home wasn't an option that I wanted to check off. So I bought a platter of fries and hung out. Then I heard the door ring, usually happens when someone leaves or enters the store, I didn't care anymore, this was a family diner and it was probably a family that wanted to have some food. Then I felt someone's presence behind me. Oh god someone is going to sit next to me. Then this guy with orangeish/redish sorta hair sat next to me and ordered a vanilla milkshake. I could feel him staring at me, it felt awkward.

"Hey" He said

"Hi.." I said shyly 

"Making casual conversation with strangers isn't really on my agenda but you just seemed like a good person to talk to" He said

"Thanks, my name is Y/N" I said holding out my hand.

"Roy" He said smiling and shaking my hand

"That's a nice name" I said taking a sip of my drink.

"What are you doing here..?" Roy said "I mean, by the way you look you look like you don't really belong in a 50's diner, doesn't look like your jive"

"Jive?" I asked

"Uh it's a 50's thing, Dance move I think" he said

"Well this place soothes me" I said

"Really? a checkered floor, leather seated, neon light, milkshake diner soothes you?" He said

"I-" I said, but stopped because I heard my favorite song come on. I Can't Help Falling In Love With You by Elvis Presley, so I sat there listening to the song, surprised Roy didn't question it. When the song was over I opened my eyes from the soothing shivers with the song in my ears and down my spine. I turned to my right to see Roy smiling at me. He handed me a sticky note and walked away. I looked at him leave and looked at the sticky note.

Call Me Sometime - Roy 

He dropped a phone number under. I smiled and grabbed my bag and walked home.

HEY GUYZ SORRY I HAVEN'T WRITTEN IN A WHILE, IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY :P BUT HERE'S A RED ARROW STORYY> STAY WHELMED MY BEAUTIFUL BIRDIES