Chapter 19: Even More Secrets

*I'm watching Blue's Clues at 11:30 pm on a school night AND tomorrow I have major testing in school. What the even hecking...

**Whoops forgot to post this last night

***I'm so dumb

     (F/n) POV

Me and Connie were talking in my room. Just telling some random jokes, about training, anything that came to mind. It was about dinner time, it was just Connie, my parents, and I because her parents were working late, and usually my mother would've called us down by now-

"(F/n), Connie, dinner's ready!"

There it is. 

I gestured for my cousin to follow me downstairs and we washed our hands in the kitchen before sitting down. There was a long silence until my father piped up, "So what have you girls been doing yesterday? You two came home very late." 

"Oh- us? We've been trai- OW SON OF A BBBBBBISCUIT!" Connie squealed after I kicked her shin under the table, stopping her from finishing her sentence. I glared at her, and she seemed to get the message. I didn't want my parents to find out i've been training. She understood, probably because she was in a situation like this.

"We just hung out with Steven, my- uh, OUR friend!" I quickly covered up. 

"Oh! Steven? We haven't gotten a chance to meet him." my mother chuckled. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" I laughed. Fudge. I've been laughing for too long... My parents eyed me weirdly and I cleared my throat awkwardly. 

"Never mind." I mumbled, stuffing some of the spaghetti into my mouth. "But like I always say: Don't be upsetti- have some spaghetti!" I exclaimed, trying to change the subject. 

"Uh, (F/n), you've never said that before-"

"I don't care."

"By the way, when can we meet this Steven kid?" my father asked. I shrugged. 

"I guess we'll have to arrange a time." 

"I believe Steven's free tomorrow. And nothing's really going on... At least with me. You guys can meet... Tomorrow maybe?" Connie suggested. My parents nodded, smiling. 

"If it's okay with Steven's, err, 'guardians'." 

I facepalmed. My cousin couldn't take a hint. "Connie, are you done with your dinner?"

"Uh, no- MMF!" 

"ALRIGHT, LET'S GO TO MY ROOM! BYE MOM, BYE DAD!" I exclaimed, dragging Connie upstairs with my hand clamped over her mouth. My parents just looked at each other and shrugged. When I got to my room, Connie stared at me bewildered and slapped my hand off of her mouth. 

"What the heck?" 

"Listen, I don't want my parents finding out about Steven's magic powers and stuff." 

"Why...?"

"YOU DIDN'T TELL YOUR PARENTS UNTIL A YEAR OR SO."

Connie hesitated. "Well, uh, this isn't about me. Anyway! So what, you're just gonna keep all this a secret, like me?"

I nodded. "Yep. And if they ever find out..." I paused. "...Actually I don't have any back up plans." 

Connie facepalmed. "You know, if you keep your mouth shut, things'll only get worse. I did that. And now my parents know everything. But they're fine with it. Plus, they could always talk to your parents about it too." 

I face planted onto my bed. I'm an idiot. (Don't you mean... A SQUID-iot? Help, I can't stop with the puns) "(F/n), I think you should just tell your mom and dad." Connie said, sitting down next to me. "I mean, your parents are pretty cool. My parents are really strict, but yeah, your parents are different. I think they'll be okay with it." 

I shook my head no. A sigh escaped Connie's lips.

There was a long silence. "Hmmm fine. But I bet you $50 bucks they won't be okay with it."

Connie stared at me before smirking, "You're on." 

Word count: I think about 608 words

Note from Chryssi-chan: Omg can you guys stop loving me? 2.5k views? I'm hallucinating, aren't I? I think I drank too much lemonade. Sorry this one was kinda short btw. Plus I had to help take care of my baby sister (she can sing almost all the SU songs and she's only almost 2 :0) 'cuz she had a cold so-

Emerald: U-um... I believe it was strep throat, an infection due to streptococcus bacteria,  which is the cause of sore throats and tonsillitis. Other cold symptoms such as a runny nose and congestion may follow the sore throat. She hasn't really been sneezing and stuff so-

Rhyolite: I don't think anyone really cares at this point tbh.

Chrysocolla: You lost me at 'streposaurus'.

Emerald: O-oh... A-and it's 'streptococcus'...

Tourmaline: Guys, we need to stay focused. If we-

Rhyolite: NOPE

Chrysocolla: Alrighty, SEA-ya, my smol kittens u0u