Grandparents. |Chapter 13

"Saying oh-oh, what I would do to feel alive!" Adrian sang from the top of his lungs while abusing my guitar. I cringed at the noise.

"California. How I hate to love ya. Can't get sober, do anything for ya. It's a good dream until I wake up." I belted out.

"Think we can make it baby you're mine. California." We finished our singing together.

"I should be a singer," Adrian announced.

"Who the hell is chocking a walrus?" Tom shouted commenting about Adrian's singing skills, not mine, I sound like an angel.

"Rude," Adrian told and flipped his imaginary long hair.

"Um, Rose. We have a problem." Raquel told as she came to my room, her expression terrified.

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

She gestured for me to follow her so we did. We reached downstairs and met with a wonderful sight. This is the opposite of a problem. My grandparents. In this house, smiling at me. I got my wit, sarcasticness and my craziness from them. So, us together in a room was not good for other people. Not good at all.

"My favorite bitch." Grams Teresa said to me.

See what I'm talking about?

"Whaddup hoe?" I said back and we hugged. My grams and I are weird. Something tells me that this is gonna be an eventful day.

"I see you've gotten fatter." grams joked. At least I hope she did.

Excuse mua.

"Says who? The chocolate cake that you ate yesterday? Alone, if I may add." I stared her down.

Two can play at that game.

"You've won that round." she glared.

Georg makes his grand entrance. He has a pleased expression on his face. "Granny T," he said and they did that weird guy hug.

"What's tripping in the strippin' G-dawg?" grams tried the ghetto slang.

G-dawg? Granny T? What the fuck is goin' on?

"What is happening right now?" my eye twitched. They looked at me like they just now noticed me. They coughed awkwardly and silence filled the air.

"Oh, uh, um, I brought games," grams broke the awkward silence and ignoring my question. She pulled out Monopoly from her bag and raised it in the air.

"And even better, I brought me," Gramps told smugly.

"Nobody wants to see your ugly face, Howard." Teresa snapped.

My grandparents aren't really fond of each other right now. I don't know if you can tell.

"That was uncalled for," he said.

"Your face is uncalled for." she snapped once again. That's where I got my grumpiness.

"Oh, come one, lighten up. Let's play Monopoly." Bill said to ease the mood and grabbed the game and set it up on a table. It should say on the instructions that this is a game where you lose all your friends. Just sayin'.

The game has been going on for quite awhile. Luck has been my faithful friend. I pretty much own half of the board. Nothing feels better than watching the light die from your friend's eyes as you take their money and feel your friendship slowly deteriorate. It feels good I tell you.

"Hah, you got your ass stuck in jail, T- Dawg." gramps fist pumped the air.

"Yeah, want me to punch out your last tooth?" Tom fired back. Bill and I shared a worried glance.