Chapter 3

Blue was back to her normal shelf in the library, sitting high above the ground reading her books quietly to herself. Minerva was laying on the ground beside the shelf, her own book under her paw.

Other students gave up on trying to get her attention since she ignored them, then got a massive wolf to keep other students away. Only her sister was ever able to get the vampire's attention, and further made Blue seem alien to everyone else.

Students enjoyed spinning tales about how cruel and cold Blue was, but after meeting her, Levi found that the tales seemed more and more alien each day. Blue was detached, but not at all cold or cruel but rather just shy. She was polite and helpful on Levi's first day, and even at breakfast she was calm.

She could see how Blue would be aggressive if someone was making fun of her sister. As far as she knew, Blue and Red were mostly alone, and they didn't have anyone else to depend on. So of course Blue would be protective of her.

"Levian!" Joe barked as he poked her shoulder. Levi glanced over at him. "You were daydreaming again." He told her, taking a sip of his drink.

"Oh. Sorry." Levi answered with a guilty smirk. "Was I making faces?"

"No, just ignoring people." Joe answered. "What were you thinking about?"

"See anyone in the Keepers that you thought was attractive?" Claire asked with a smirk.

"I mean, a lot of them are attractive." Levi shrugged. "But they're mostly just like us, just a lot more skilled and powerful I guess." She shrugged.

"Yeah but you got into them so surely you're on the same level as they are." Claire offered.

"The Keepers get special training, like advanced magics and stuff like that." Joe rolled his eyes.

"You have to sneak us in the Keeper Sections." Claire smiled.

"Absolutely not." Levi retorted, glaring at her friends. "I can't do that even if I wanted to. It's not allowed at all. I could get kicked out and punished severely and you guys could get in even more trouble."

"Jeez, is it really that important?" Claire questioned.

"The Keepers are a very important part of the Tower, and to disrespect the rule and regulations set in place to protect everyone make it hard for Keepers to do their jobs." Joe explained. "If you want to get into the Keepers so bad then maybe you should study and work harder."

"Wow, rude." Claire narrowed her eyes at her friends. "I was just saying."

Joe's friend nudged his arm and pointed towards the door to the cafeteria. Levi glanced over finding Red and Blue had entered with a couple other kids she recognized from the Keeper's Classroom.

"Incoming Ice Queen." Joe muttered.

Levi rolled her eyes. "She's not an Ice Queen." She told them. "She's just like you and I. The only difference is that she's shy."

"Yeah, because shy people threaten to turn you inside out if you talk to their sister with sarcasm." Joe's friend Chris glared. Chris was Claire's older brother, and while he was protective over his sister, he didn't beat people up when they made fun of her.

"How many times has she done that?" Claire asked.

"Too many. People get sent to the infirmary twisted in ways you'd think should have killed them, but instead she leaves them alive to make sure they never even look at her sister again." Chris explained. "She's a monster and everyone knows it."

"If everyone knew it then why do the other Keepers talk to her like they're good friends." Levi questioned as she pointed to the boy talking to Blue like they were good friends, and the smile on his face, and the soft, shy smile on Blue's.