Chapter 26

Red leaned into the archway, finding a light crowd start to form around the stores in the market district of the Tower. Her eyes focused on a specific pastry shop before shaking her head and looking around for her goal.

She made her way down the gargantuan corridor littered with stalls and small buildings constructed to line the walls. She even had to look up, as some of the stores were on walkways built over other stores.

She tapped her foot and touched her chin, trying to think of what she needed and which store she could get it from.

"Having fun?" Levi's voice called, getting the vampire to jump and spin around to see the young mage with a hand on her hip and a smirk on her face.

"Uh, yeah." Red shrugged. "I find fun in a lot of things."

"I've noticed. Lyn feeling better?" The mage asked.

"Oh cute! You don't read our minds all the time!" Red grinned, before rolling her eyes.

"Hey! I give you two privacy. I'm always worried I'm going to look and see something I shouldn't."

"You walked in on us totally naked and covered in cake." Red laughed. "There's not much worse you can see."

"I could have seen you actually using that cake." Levi shuddered at the thought. "So I just stay away from your thoughts."

"Suit yourself. Won't stop me from hiding in yours." The vampire continued on her way, looking for her shop while Levi followed after her.

"So what are you looking for?" Levi asked, trying to ignore the fact that her girlfriend's sister was possibly paying attention to every thought they ever shared.

"Inspiration." Red confessed. "I want to do something nice, but I'm not sure what."

"Why?"

"To make up for dropping Lyn in the cold bath." Red shrugged. "I thought it was funny, no one else did."

"Yeah you should have probably thought about that before you just dropped your girlfriend in a cold bath. Dragon's do enjoy heat." Levi confessed.

"It was funny!" Red repeated.

"For you. Not your girlfriend. Speaking of which, I have a question."

"Hmm?"

"Do immortals usually not get married?" Levi asked.

"Why do you ask?"

"I guess I think it's kinda weird that for a race who knows who they're going to spend the rest of their eternity with, they don't get married right away." Levi shrugged.

"Time moves differently for us." Red explained, walking backwards so she could face her sister's girlfriend. "We may know how the story ends, but we don't see a rush. Most demons never actually go through with marriage ceremonies, they just decide that they're married."

"So do you think Mani thinks that way?"

"Not yet." Red laughed. "Technically speaking, you're already married."

"What's that supposed... oh... right... reincarnation." Levi rolled her eyes. "I don't exactly remember it, so does it really count?"

"You should be asking Blue that. So why are you at the shops?"

"Bookstore." Levi pointed to a stall before heading over to it. Red followed after her curiously, watching the girl speak to the owner before he handed her a book with a smile. She paid him then walked away with Red.

"That looks like-"

Levi interrupted her quickly. "I know. Silly right? I never really cared about Merlin's legacy before, but... now I really want to know." Levi admitted.