Chapter 32

3 chapters left :(

Infinity's POV:

The next few hours were hectic to say the least.

We had to gather the pack and plan out what was going to happen, as well as announcing my return to the pack with Coen, Ignacio, Genesis and Blaise, which took up the remaining hours of daylight that were left.

The next day, we trained everyone from dawn till dusk, me with Blaise obviously. He took most hits but he managed to land a few on me when I wasn't expecting it.

Blaise didn't need as much training so I alternated the hours that I trained him. I spent two hours training Blaise, then let him rest for two hours whilst I helped Genesis train the women who were willing to fight and weren't mothers, and then I trained with Blaise for two hours.

That night, last night, me and Tobias finally completed the mating process. I didn't want to put myself in danger and face the reality that one or both of us might die without us being fully bonded.

Which explains why I'm laid in bed right now, barely covered by the sheets with Tobias stroking my hair.

I let Blaise train by himself, but with a guard present, and Tobias handed his group over to Coen to lead for the day.

Kacey was supposed to attack today.

I would say I'm not scared, but at this moment in time I don't want to lie.

I sighed and buried my face deeper into the crook of Tobias' neck.

"Everything will be fine." He whispered in my ear.

He lightly stroked the newly made mark on my neck, making me shiver as a tingling feeling erupted all over my body.

"What if it isn't? What if those visions were true? What if one of us dies?" Tobias sighed and kissed the side of my neck.

"That's a lot of what ifs Fin." He got up from the bed and walked over to the walk-in closet, not caring that he was butt-naked.

He noticed my stare and raised his eyebrow.

"Like what you see?" I felt a blush creep up my neck as he walked off, returning a few moments later with a pair of sweatpants but no shirt.

"I'm going to go check on Blaise and the rest of the pack. Take your time and relax. You don't need to be stressed right now." He kissed me gently before walking out of our room.

I slowly got out of the bed with the blanket wrapped around me and walked over to the wardrobe.

I scanned the clothes, trying to choose the best outfit for a war.

I needed something that made shifting easier but also something that I could move freely in for hand to hand combat. I was planning to do most of the fighting in human form, seen as I use my powers better.

I'm pretty sure Blaise, Coen, Ignacio and Genesis were doing the same thing.

Finally deciding on a blue tank top and black, three-quarter length leggings, I slipped on my combat boots and pulled one of Tobias' baseball shirts over the tank top.

I walked down to the kitchen to see Tobias holding a plate of chocolate chip pancakes.

"You know me so well." I grabbed the plate and reached up to kiss his cheek before sitting down to eat. He had a plate of his own, and we sat in silence, enjoying each other's company, in case it was the last time.

When we finished, he gabbed my hand and held onto it. We were both afraid to let go.

"I don't want you worrying about me today Fin," He stroked my hand with his thumb.

"I want you to focus on taking Kacey down and letting this end." I was about to say something when we heard a crash from outside, followed my a scream.

Blaise burst through the door breathing heavily, giving us the news that none of us wanted to hear.

"She's here."