Ch21 ~ Puppy Love...

~1 year before the accident~

Jungkook stared down at Minji, who's eyes were fixed on the floor. His gaze wouldn't leave her troubled expression, he knew he couldn't, not at that moment. He had some sadistic, slightly messed up fantasies involving Minji. He loved when she was worried and bothered about him - which was every damn day but it was different this time. Her eyes were watery and she had taken the shakiness away from Jungkook, only to experience it herself. Her selfless acts seemed to make Jungkook's heart writhe in agony.

A few minutes after Jin had done his part for the song, Yoongi had asked Jungkook to start warming up while Jimin was doing his bit in the melody.

"Ok Jimin," Yoongi took Jimin aside, preparing what seemed to be a professional speech for Jimin. Boy was he wrong. "I've given you the highest adlib bit in the song." He started. "If you can, I want the note to reach a top C if not higher. Ok? Like this." Yoongi let out a pterodactyl like screech that should have broken the glass on the window panes. The six boys plus Minji, covered their ears, cringing at the sound of the high pitched squeal Yoongi had just let pass his throat. Jimin, who was the closest to him, swore his eardrums started bleeding as soon as that noise entered the air. "You got it?"

"Sorry what?" Jimin rubbed his half deaf ears. "Couldn't hear you cuz you murdered my eardrums." Jimin said sarcastically, making the elder laugh as he turned back to the computer.

"You get what I mean though right?" Jimin nodded, smiling intently. "Great, let's do this." Yoongi clicked the start and record button and suddenly the room fell quiet. If not for the music, Jimin's high notes and adlibs, the entire room would've resembled a silent countryside, only, this countryside had mouths gawking open and eyes fully agape...

~♡~

"Kid's got quite a voice huh Jin?" Namjoon whispered to Jin, careful not to let Yoongi know they were talking about Jimin.

"Yeah, his high notes could make angels faint." Jin praised his newly made vocal buddy. He'd finally had other singers to hang out with, so far he'd only made three rap enthusiasts for friends, but had always felt left out when they had dissing rap battles and composed music to a higher standard. He couldn't contribute at all.

"Hey...what's wrong?" Namjoon asked the seemingly troubled Jin, who was fiddling with his pink apron while waiting for the food he'd prepared to be boiled properly. He'd sensed that Jin started moping after the recording session, looking down at the floor far more often than he should have been.

"Nothing." Jin answered simply.

"C'mon." Namjoon approached him. "You know I know you better than that." He said, looking at Jin across the kitchen counter.

"It's just..." Jin started. "They're so young and talented. And I'm here at 22 barely keeping up with all these low tenor voices and high angel adlibs and Kookie! With that smooth, elegant tone." He ranted. "It's really bad to be jealous, I-I need a drink." He turned off the stove, abandoning the food he was preparing and scooted to the coat stand to fetch his coat. But just as he was out of the kitchen, Namjoon grabbed his wrist, making Jin turn to look at him.

"Why don't we go to the club? With Everyone we saw today."

"You're gonna get drunk and you know it."