Aaron x Aphmau // Waiting For The Rain

Name: Waiting For The Rain
Ship: Aaron x Aphmau
Author: LittleGirl231
Song: Waiting For The Rain Cover by JubyPhonic

/ Aphmau \

As I stared out the window, I wondered. Will it ever rain here in Phoenix Drop? We had been in the midst of a drought. The last time it had rained was a year and a half ago. And now, people were starting to lose hope that we would ever see drops lowering down from the clouds here in this town.

I had never been one to give up easily. But even today, I had been on the verge of losing hope. 2 or so months ago, I think someone died of thirst. My mother and I planned to go to another town soon. We had both loved the rain. Yet, Phoenix Drop is our home. It was a hard decision.

So we planned, that if it hadn't rained for another month, we would move to Meteli or ScalesWind. It was far, but not too far. I would have loved to see the rain again, there's no doubt in that. But I would miss my friends.

So as I looked out the window, once again, I wondered. Will it ever rain here in Phoenix Drop?

/ Aaron \

I sat on a bench outside, and wondered, Will it ever rain here in Phoenix Drop? Probably, not. Yet I hope it will. It's been over a year since the last time it rained. Honestly, the town was really different nowadays. It's not as lively and colorful anymore. Though, I can't blame anyone.

The trees here used to be so green and the flowers used to be so healthy. Now, it seems like no sort of plant is even alive in Phoenix Drop. Nobody bothered to water the anymore, we had to conserve as much water as possible.

So again, is it ever going to rain? Or are we just wasting our time?

/ Third Person \

The two young, high school teenagers looked up to the sky, expecting something to happen. The pair had lived across each other their whole lives, yet had no knowledge of the other's existence. Well, they just refer to each other, the guy or girl across the street.

What they didn't know, is that they had so many things in common with each other. They both loved Imagine Dragons, they both liked anime, and so many other things that it wasn't even funny. The only problem was, they were in very different social cliques at school.

Aaron, was a secluded jock, as Aphmau was sorted into a 'nerdy, yet lively' clique. They never really interacted, so they didn't know of each other.

As the sun set that day, Aphmau went out of her house to see Aaron on the bench, lying down looking at the sunset. Who's that? She thought. She shrugged it off and went off, staring at the sunset.

Aaron looked down, and saw Aphmau, looking up into the sunset, with her eyes shining. Aaron was immediately touched as she still believed it would rain. And no, he cannot read minds. He saw the glint in her eyes, that showed a longing, hope.

Suddenly, something wet had landed on Aaron's forehead. He looked up at the sky with a confused face, which turned into disbelief. It was raining.

The two turned their heads towards each other and smiled. They both walked up to the other and shook hands.

"I'm Aaron."

"I'm Aphmau."

A/N I just noticed how many one shots we're gonna have about rain. XD