Zane x Kawaii~Chan // Unfortunate Lifeguards

Zane encased himself in the umbrella, his skin already as pink as a flamingo.

No matter how much SPF 100 he applied, he was fried by the end of the day, repeating the process again the next day.

It's not like he wanted to do it, it was fun yes, but not his favorite activity of the day either. The two reasons he decided on beach lifeguard was he made his mother proud, showing his sudden spirt of maleness, and mainly, to be nearer to his grade school crush, KC.

Her name was long and unique, and her third person speech made her different, but she was perfect in Zane's eyes.

His secret fettish for watching My Little Horsies marked the beginning. Her cotton candy pink hair and amber eyes made his heart flutter almost as much as Buttershy flew.

He averted his eyes back into the ocean, brushing the loose bangs to the side as much as possible from his left eye to get a better look at the whole picture.

The lifeguard was on the rescue once again, her black ears getting wet with water. Zane's eyes twinkled watching her swim rapidly, capturing the flailing man deep out into the sea.

He watched her patiently, making sure she didn't need backup. Just as he was about to return back to slathering his body with sunscreen, the beach beauty dropped into the current, also struggling to stay above water.

"ZANE~KUN!!! ZANE~--" She gurgled, water flooding in her mouth, ears, and nose. He shot up like an arrow, grabbing the extra life preserver and breathing quickly.

"I-I'm coming!" He yelled, stuttering slightly. His pale legs carried him into the shallow water where children waded, jumping over waves left and right. The distressed woman and man waved Zane over, holding onto KC's preserver for dear life.

Zane reached water up to his waist, leaning on the raft like tool like a surf board.

He paddled out as fast as possible, motioning people out of the way. Whatever it took to reach them, that's all that mattered to Zane.

Kawaii~Chan began to loose her breath, her body filling with salt and water. She and the lost man started becoming dazed, silently yelping for help.

As they started drifting, Zane started swimming quicker, remembering Pinkie Cake's courage in the shows and how he should remain calm in a time of anarchy.

Even though it seemed like minutes to Zane, it felt like hours to KC and the drowning man until Zane arrived to help.

"KC!" He began ordering, offering a hand, "grab onto here, and we'll drag him back to land. QUICK!"

Kawaii~Chan wearily agreed, laying on top of Zane, keeping a hold onto the string connected to the float she brought with her. Slowly but surely Zane paddled them closer to land, Kawaii~Chan eventually regaining health and aiding.

Not long into the endless paddling and swimming, the got to an area where they could all stand, walking slowly back to the shore. The man thanked the two, showering them both with hugs and praise.

"Kawaii~Chan says thank you for the thank yous... Hehehe!" She smiles, coughing up mucus and salt water.

"It wasn't a problem. It's our job after all," Zane winks nonchalantly, "just watch out for the drop off next time; You too KC." He elbows Kawaii~Chan, causing her to flush in anger.

"Fiiiiine Zane~Kun. I'll watch out next time..." She crosses her arms, slowly becoming more relaxed, "B-But Kawaii~Chan thanks you for saving her... She is thankful and owes you."

"Don't think anything of it," Zane starts, blowing his now wet bangs out of his eye, "You could come over this week though and have another one of those My Little Horsies' marathons."

"KC can do that..." She smiles, catching Zane by surprise and pecking his cheek, sending a rush of more pink to his cheeks, "See you tomorrow then, I guess."

"B-B-Bye..." Zane mutters, still stunned while KC walks back to her post on the other side of the beach.

Zane couldn't sleep that day, and it wasn't just because of the massive sunburn on his back.

~

Hope you enjoy this... Thing?

Idk what to call it anymore. 

~Riley