The Only Exception

"Right. So.. Wait. We're not doing Romeo and Juliet this year?" He began clicking his pencil on the edge of his book, out of frustration- I presume. It's going to take a lot of time and effort to get  Taylor to his aspirational grade, which is a B. I didn't think it was going to be this hard. It's still better than gym.

"Taylor, we did that like two years ago. We're doing Titanic." Which I thought was weird, but apparently they have a new scheme they want to try out. I don't mind it though, I've seen the movie over 100 times. Josh was a hopeless romantic, which was great. He secretly loved chick flicks.

"Titanic is boring. Hayley, I don't need English." I wish I could agree with him and leave, but then I'd have to go to gym and this is actually doesn't require anything physical and I don't want him to fail. I'm starting to care about Taylor, he seems like a cool guy.

"Alright. Let's just talk for awhile and then we'll get to the work." We're the same age, but I'm literally trying little kid teaching methods. I know how to get to Taylor. He's childlike at times, that's what makes him weird and fun to be honest. He was starting to grow a beard which was weird considering he looks about 14. He's 17.

"Okay. To be honest Hayls, I just want to rock. I just want to be famous. I talked to Jeremy, he said he'd try and convince you to let me in the band. I know-" oh yeah. Jeremy named the band Paramore. I kinda dig it. It's great to be honest, we've already made a MySpace and Twitter.

"Yeah, I heard about that. I think you'd be great! Jeremy said so himself." Jeremy and Taylor have been getting on lately. I've been in LA for like 2 and a half months. They've played our song on the radio 4 times now, I feel like we're getting somewhere.

"Hayley! I won't let you down. I swear. I'll be there at the gig tomorrow." Yeah, we got a small gig at this pizza place. We have a 15 minutes slot, how cool is that? Really cool!!

I checked the time on my ICell. Shit. It's 2:15. I have to run to Miss Lovato's room. I can't believe we've been talking and doing nothing for a whole hour.

"Taylor, were late. You've got my number right? Call me later." I picked up my books and put them in my bag. I can't believe I let myself be late, I'm so stupid. I'll probably help him on Skype later. Me and Jeremy Skype sometimes, from time to time.

He nodded his head and smiled, maybe you don't need grades, maybe you don't need anything, he had his music, and that's all he needed. He looked happy, and it's such a great feeling seeing him happy.

I walked at a normal pace to get to Miss Lovato's room, I figured I'll get detention anyway. Although I loved the subject, I feel super sick, and tired. Maybe it's just those pre-show jitters. We have to practice tonight, 6pm at Jeremy's ready for the gig. It's Friday, I can't wait.

I knocked on the door, it'd be rude to walk in. I'll just wait for her to come out. Is it weird I'm kind of attracted to her? I mean not just looks either, I'm talking personality, and everything. It's really weird, like... I know I can't do anything about it, and I know I won't even try because it's illegal, I could get her fired and everything. It's just a lot of things are running through my head, like the note on my phone- which even though I was tipsy and she was drinkish I still haven't forgot about it.

I know I'm not gay, but I just feel a great connection with her. I know for sure that she'd never date someone like me, she's got her whole life planned out, I'm just a 17 year old student, I have nothing planned and I'm late for her lesson. I looked at my shoes for a while until I heard a door open.

"Hayley, you do realise I have to give you detention now." I looked up from my shoes and my eyes met hers, it genuinely looks like she doesn't actually want to give me the detention. That's probably just because I know her personally as a family friend.