My Lips Were Dry

"Hayley? I'm in the middle of a class. What do you need?" I heard her whisper, obviously to avoid getting caught talking to me.

"Ask to go to the bathroom, Maddie I really need to explain- I just really need my best friend." I can't even process this, what just happened back there? Is this reality? I mean I enjoyed it and it's like nothing I've ever felt before- a million of Josh's kisses couldn't compare to what I felt back there- not even close.

"Miss Cabello, can I go to the bathroom?" I'm guessing that I'm in her pocket, I'm just walking to Jeremy's place. It's like 3:45 and it takes like an hour and a half to walk there. I have plenty of time to talk and he wouldn't mind if I showed up early.

"Alright, Hayley I'm outta there. What's wrong?" I love Maddie, she would honestly do anything to help me, and I'd do the same for her.

"I- no.. Wait, Demi.. She.. We kissed Maddie." I think I heard a quiet gasp, followed by a short silence.

"Shut up. No way, I knew this would happen." I don't even know how to respond, what do I even say to the person that wants me and Demi together more than I do. I mean don't, god this is confusing.

"No Maddie. Demi is my teacher, it's illegal and we kissed Maddie- WE KISSED. Actually.. If I didn't pull away and run then we would be making out right now. Please help me." I sat down at a bench, I really don't know what I'm going to do, I thought that by moving here I'd have a fresh start but everything just seems to get worse for me, and this is super awkward now, how will I go to class, what will I do about tutoring.. The trip. I need some serious help, I'll call Dallas soon.

"You just need to talk. I have an incoming call- it's Demi actually, Dallas probably didn't answer, I'll be back Hayley I promise- give me 10 minutes." I really need my bag, it has my charger inside of it, luckily me and Jeremy have the same cellphone, hopefully he'll let me borrow it, it's on 67% at the moment but I'm trying to sort this mess out so that'll probably take a huge chunk out of it. I really wanted this to happen, but at the same time I don't. The events keep playing in my mind. The kiss, it was perfect it was great, and everything I just don't want anything to happen to Demi's career because of me- I would feel so guilty and selfish. I still don't understand why she yelled 2468 at me, is that some kind of code, what even is that for? I'm so confused. I'd been sat at this bench for 20 minutes, I checked my phone and I had two messages, 2 from Demi and one from my dad. I had so many missed calls.
_______________
I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to do that. Please don't tell anyone Hayley, I don't want this to be awkward between us, can we just forget it. I don't want to lose you or my job. Please text me back, I'm really sorry.- Demi x
___________________
Please don't ignore me, I wasn't thinking and it wasn't all my fault because you kissed back. We need to talk, call me, text me, anything, please - Demi x
__________________
Hey it's Phill, where do I put the body. I'm just kidding Kiddo, it's dad what time are you home? You said something about going to Jeremy's house. Don't get back late orange. Oh, before I forget Miss Lovato phoned, she needs to speak with you about some outstanding work or something. (: (I figured out how to smile face, ya proud?)
__________________
My dad is insane, but that's why I love him. We share the same sense of humour, and I couldn't ask for anything more. He's my rock.

I replied to Demi first, this matter was kinda more important.
___________
I'm sorry, I just need time. I won't tell anyone obviously, I don't want to get you into any trouble. You can trust me. We do need to talk, though, but when? And what does 2468 even mean? It's a little late for awkward tho. - H
________
I don't even know why we put our names on the end, it's actually really weird, but it's just something we started doing. I started listening to fall out boy- I forgot to text my dad back, damn.
_________
I'll be home around 7:30 Phill, wink wink. I'll take care of that lol. I just gotta have a band rehearsal, for that gig remember you still coming for that? I have text ID, so... Hayley 1, Dad:0 and btw I'm incredibly proud!!! :p
__________
I always win. I had a text from Demi, no wonder I don't get any notifications, it's on do not disturb.
_____________
You can stop by anytime tonight. Please don't forget. Of course I trust you. - Demi x
____________
Let me set you some rock solid advice, never fall in love with your music teacher. It's terrible.