20: First Show

A/N: GUYSSS, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 4.5K READS, THIS FEELS UNBELIEVABLE! I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU WHO SPEND TIME READING AND VOTING ON MY STORY! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! THAT'S WHY I'VE MADE THIS CHAPTER EXTRA LONG,HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER! xxx

Selena

"Lets take 5 guys!" I say to my crew as I get off stage. 

We're currently at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles where the 43rd Annual American Music Awards are taking place tomorrow. Same Old Love was released three weeks ago and as Gemma says,"It's been killing it", it has really. It's the most highly requested song on Pop Radios and it's still number 2 on the Billboard Top 100. The music video was also a hit, it got over 5 million views in 24 hours. All of this feels like a dream, I've gotten so much appreciation and positive feedback, I'm ready to share the rest of my album with the world. So I've been invited to perform at the AMA's tomorrow and as you might except, I'm petrified. I've never sang in front of a crowd before, I've been a background dancer in front of huge crowds but then a) the attention wasn't on me and b) I wasn't singing. Not only do I have to sing in front of a crowd but I have to sing in front of thousands' of celebrities which include my musical inspirations'. I literally feel like I'm going to embarrass myself on stage and probably turn into a meme or something.

Being a supermodel, Gigi was also invited to the awards so her and Zayn accompanied me to LA, unfortunately Harry couldn't make it, he was busy with work. I'm kind of disappointed but I understand plus we aren't in such a serious stage of our relationship so I shouldn't really except much from him. Gemma flew here from NY to support me and Taylor will be joining me before the show as we'll walk the carpet together. I know Gigi really wanted Zayn to be her date so I really didn't want to third wheel and I know Adam is on tour so Taylor didn't have a problem.Also the two three times I've actually been on a red carpet was with Taylor so it'll be fun feeling a little nostaglic. Plus, she's used to these things so she'll help me out, in case I screw up. I insisted of my parents not coming as I knew having them here would make me super nervous, especially my mom. Once when I was in seventh grade I was going to sing at my talent show but backed way last minute because mom was so nervous and kept blabbing everything that could wrong and then used to say "don't worry sweetheart it wouldn't". Plus if I make a fool of myself I'd rather not have my parents witness their daughter being humiliated or Gracie, I mean I know how much she looks up to me.

"Sel, you were great! You're going to kill it tomorrow!" Theresa my assistant says. Theresa is actually one of my really good childhood friend's back from NY so it's really nice having her with me all the time.

"I'm just super nervous. I literally feel like I'm going to screw up!"

"No you won't! Be a little optimistic Selena! Now c'mon let's get you in your outfit! Dress Rehearsal time." Anna states.

We head back stage and all of my dancers and I get into our assigned clothes. Singing has always been my dream and even after all this success over my song I still feel like I'm not good enough. I feel like if I sing in front of people I'm going to make a fool of myself and embarrass the shit out of me.

Once we're all in our outfits we head to the stage. We get into position. "Okay guys, let's take it from the top!" Anna announces and the music starts playing.

After we were done rehearsing about four more times, Theresa and I headed back to the hotel. I took a quick shower and decided to take a nap after about two hours I was awoken by someone hitting me with a pillow. 

"Selly G, get your ass out of bed!" Gemma yells. 

"No, go away" I mumble against my pillow. 

"Sel, c'mon get up! Stop being so lazy!" Gigi scolds.