23: Breaking Promises

A/N: HII GUYSS. HOPE YOU ALL ARE DOING GOOD! I'M ACTUALLY WRITING ALOT THESE DAYS, I WANT TO FINISH THIS BOOK VERY SOON BECAUSE I WANT TO START OTHER HARLENA BOOKS, I HAVE SOME GREAT IDEAS BUT I JUST WANT TO FINISH THIS FIRST. SO ENJOYY THIS CHAPTER, THANK YOU FOR READING AND VOTING! xxx

Harry

I'm right now on my way to pick up Selena as we're heading to the studio. I reach her apartment building and text her that I'm down. We've been back from L.A about a week now and I just want to tell Selena that I love her so bad but I don't want to scare her. I mean I don't think she loves me, at least not yet. I've thought about telling her, I think about it all the time but I can never gather the courage to do so, probably because I'm scared of losing her.

The car door opens and in comes in Selena,"Hey handsome!" She smiles at me and gives me a kiss on the lips.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Selena asks.

"Huh?" I say somewhat distracted by my thoughts.

"You seem like something is on your mind. Everything good?"

I avert my attention from the road for a second and smile at her, I grab her hand and kiss it as I speak,"Just work, nothing important. Don't worry" I lie but Selena seems to believe it.

We reach the studio and walk inside hand in hand. We're greeted by Jenna and Jake two of the the producers who are working with Selena on this album.

"So Selena, we just finished hearing the final version of Perfect and it sounds great. Should we play it for the two of you?" Jenna asks.

"Yeah, sure!" Selena replies.

Jake leads us to the booth and hands us two pairs of head phones,"You know how to play the song right Selena?" Selena smiles and nods at Jake. Jake leaves Selena and I alone in the booth.

"So, I hope you like it" Selena smiles at me and starts the song.

This song wants to make me go find Sam, Selena's ex and literally kill him. He put Selena through so much and by this song you can tell that Selena actually felt as if she wasn't good enough and has to change herself to please this guy. No one ever deserve to feel this way, especially not Selena.

Once the song is over Selena looks at me,"So. What do you think?"

"You sang and wrote the song beautifully but that bastard put you through so much. I just want to fucking kill him" I say through gritted teeth.

"Honestly, I don't even feel the pain anymore. I'm glad that a toxic relationship like Sam and I had finally came to an end. Now all that is left is just a few songs reminding us how fucked up our relationship really was"

"Are there more songs about him on the record?" I ask, suddenly I start to feel a little jealous that Selena still writes songs about him.

"Well just two, three more that I wrote after my breakup" I nod.

"The songs that are my favorite are the ones that I've been writing for the past few months. Do you wanna know why?"

I nod, wanting her to continue. "Well cause they're about you and us" she smiles at me.

I smile at her,"Really? Can I hear one of these songs?"

"Well I'll play you one that is done. Hold on"