A Day With Mom (Part 1)

Okay I feel really, really selfish for saying this, but just so you guys know, I'm fine with anyone drawing fan art of my fic or writing little fan fictions about it! I'd love it, actually. I would love to see how you guys interpret everything and just sort of see what you guys saw in your mind's eye and stuff. I don't know, it's hard to describe, but I do know that it would make me happy and adore you guys even more! Seriously, you guys are all amazing and lovely and so supportive! I would have dropped this months ago if I didn't have you!

ALSO I have an idea to focus on Hawkmoth this book and have my secret villain be the bad guy for a SEQUEL~, cause this is getting kind of long already, chapter wise. Any recommendations for a title? In any case, enjoy!

After I had calmed down, Adrien and I had spent the next hour or two talking on his couch. I never told him what happened, but I explained that it had to do with the Akuma guy we had fought earlier, although we both knew that whatever he was, Oogie-Boogie was not an Akuma. At least, not a normal one. Then eventually he fell asleep again, so I took him to his bed, tucked him in, and went to sleep on the couch. It was 2 o'clock in the morning, after all.

When I snuck out a few hours later, it was around five in the morning, and the early birds were just starting to wake up. I quickly jumped along the rooftops as Wolven, reaching my home in a matter of minutes. I quickly went through my room's window and sighed as the transformation disappeared, giving Neeks a piece of candy before going back to bed. I was just glad that it was the weekend now, so I could sleep in as long as I wanted. Neeks cuddled up against my chin, licking at it gently and slowly lulling me to sleep.

When I woke up again, it was well into the late morning, and I could hear mom singing and dancing in one of the other rooms. I guess that means her meeting went well. I stretched as I sat up, yawning softly before getting out of bed and going to take a shower. When I came out of the shower I got dressed and brushed my hair, walking out of my room with Neeks hidden in my pocket. I followed the sound of the music to the living room, seeing mom dancing around with a happy smile on her face. When she saw me she squealed and ran over, grabbing my hands and gently rocking me back and forth before spinning me around.

I laughed silently, grinning brightly from her infectious cheer.

"Jaspie, guess what?!" She squealed, making me give her a questioning look.

"I found a buyer! She's going to buy three of my paintings and even said she'd commission some after the exhibit!" Mom giggled, spinning me again before I spun her. "Plus, she was so attractive, like, wow. Too bad she's got a boyfriend." I nodded slightly, dancing with mom in a way that wouldn't over exert me too much. Really we just swung back and forth and kept spinning each other.

"Did you have a nice night? I hope you did. I wish I could have stayed with you so soon after the Akuma incident, but I couldn't pass up that chance." She said softly, letting me go after another spin so I could finally answer. I debated telling her about the nightmare, but I knew she would feel terrible for not being there, and she deserved this happiness. I grabbed my notepad and quickly wrote my response.

"I had a nice night. Got some homework gone, got some needed sleep." I wrote, smiling a little more. Mom smiled and paused the music on her phone. "That's good! You've been looking like a zombie lately." She said softly, brushing hair from my eyes. "Hungry? I was thinking about making some French toast for you today."

I nodded and gave her a thumbs up, so we went to the kitchen. I helped get out the ingredients, sneaking Neeks a small chunk of brown sugar when making the egg wash. Mom was talking about how the meeting had gone, and I was nodding here and there to show I was listening. As we started to cook the coated bread, Mom gasped softly and turned to me, eyes sparkling. "Oh, right! Show me the pictures from yesterday!" She said almost childishly, bouncing lightly on the balls of her feet.