December: The Month Where Things End and Others Begin

Cover is made by the lovely SharynUribe or droxba324 on tumblr. Give her lots of love please, and check out her other stuff! Also, thank you all for the prompts and little stories. They were a pleasure to read and I'll get started on the little booklet I promised as soon as possible! In other news, multiple relationships will be moving forward this month in chapters, and we are slowly reaching an end for the first book of this series! I plan on finishing this by the end of January, if I'm being honest, and then the Sequel will be started soon after! Enjoy!

Neeks and I stayed on the down-low for another few days, but each day I missed an Akuma attack, I felt worse about missing it. I knew that Ladybug and Chat Noir could handle themselves, but since I was here it felt wrong to just ignore it and act like I couldn't help them in some way. I had to miss them though, because if I went to them I'd be tired beyond compare by the end of the week, and then I really would be useless.

After the break from being Wolven I felt much better, having been able to sleep for as long as I needed at night and regain my energy from the transformations, but Neeks still wasn't sure he wanted to let me transform again just yet. He seemed to think I wasn't fully better, even though I was totally fine and kept telling him so. Still, he didn't give. I was alright with that, though, even if I didn't like missing the fights, because it meant Neeks would be able to relax and he wouldn't worry anymore.

Mom's exhibition was drawing even closer, and she finally picked a date. She decided on making it December 20th, a week after my birthday. Yep, soon I would be turning fifteen, and around a month later, Adrien would be turning 16 and then everyone else would follow. I was lucky to have been placed in this year, otherwise I wouldn't be in the same school as them next year as they go off to the French version of high school. That was actually, quite probably, the one thing that threw me off the most. While I was a sophomore in high school back in America, I dropped back down to a final year in middle school because that was closest to my academic learning from America. It was weird having to refer to myself as a middle schooler again, instead of a high schooler.

Anyway, things on Mom's side have been going well, too. She and Madame Gosier met up again a few days ago and Mom was admittedly still smitten by the lady. At first that I thought that wasn't smart, because Madame Gosier has a boyfriend, but mom said that he sounded just as caring and she was shown a picture of him, so she could confirm that he was just as attractive. She had that same look in her eye that she did with Madame Gosier, so I figured as long as she didn't get hurt, I'd be perfectly fine with whatever happened between the three of them. I wasn't going to shove myself into their relationship, though, so they'd have to figure everything out themselves.

School was slowly reaching that stage where it was boring and dull almost 24/7. It didn't help that I had most learned all of the curriculum already in English and all the other subjects I actually cared about. Math and Science I was remembering stuff and learning new things in, which, while it was great, made it difficult for me to pay attention. I was never good with math and numbers to begin with, even if I could keep my grade up. Neeks helped me with my homework and filled in where I admittedly would blank out if my attention refused to hold or exhaustion caught up with me during the early days of recovery.

Like right now, I'm sitting in math class and trying really hard to focus, bouncing my leg slightly as one of the most boring teachers I've ever had explained the Pythagorean Theorem to us. I already knew what it was, and I honestly just wanted the last five minutes of class to pass as fast as possible. I heaved a silent sigh, bringing the worksheet we had been filling out between notes to practice concepts we were learning, and began to work on the problems, blocking out the teacher.