The Kitten and The Wolf Pup

Weeks passed by in a blur after Christmas. Akumas were popping up everywhere now and Mom and I took over as the Evangelique watchers while Noel and Astrid were at work. Mom had actually started teaching her how to paint when she  wasn't working on getting her paintings sold or making more of them, and Angel looked like she was having the time of her life when she'd come out of Mom's studio with paint covering her skin and stuck in her hair, giggling and happy.

Adrien was suddenly able to hang out with the others and I more, which was shocking. I had to silently thank Nathalie for that, though, because it meant that Adrien was finally able to be a normal teenager. Of course, he still had to do all his lessons and modeling jobs, but suddenly his schedule wasn't as packed as Summer Vacation was appearing right around the corner for all of us.

Neeks was growing more and more nervous as time went on, and whenever I asked he would say it's because he felt like something bad was coming. Something that always caused us to hesitate as Wolven whenever the impending battle with Hawkmoth came up. Honestly, I was starting to feel it, too, especially when there were a few of those strange Akumas tossed into the mix. The lady who knew who Neeks was never showed herself again, though. She was still hiding in the shadows.

It reminded us that our battle wasn't as close to finished as we thought.

"Wolven, seriously, what's causing you so much hesitation?" Ladybug asked as we sat around a low table in Master Fu's home, and I shrugged meekly. Chat Noir, who was sitting next to me, rubbed my back comfortingly. Master Fu simply hummed, serving tea to the three of us.

"It's just.... That lady is still out there, and... My kwami's really nervous about it all. She's waiting until Hawkmoth is defeated before making her move."

"She can't be worse than Hawkmoth though, right?" I shook my head at her question, looking down. Chat Noir spoke up for me in response.

"Milady, you can't forget that her Akuma aren't Akuma. They don't have the butterfly, and they aren't created from anger. It's- it's like they are actual monsters." He said softly, looking at her worriedly. "You can't purify them."

"And we still don't have any idea who she is, or what she's trying to do, or why she knows my Kwami." I listed, biting my lip as Neeks' nervousness sent jitters throughout my body. I carefully took the tea cup Master Fu offered me and sipped at the warm beverage, smiling gratefully at the man.

"Master Fu, do you know anything?" Ladybug asked softly, and Master Fu hummed again, smiling that smile that meant he knew more than he let on.

"It is not my culture nor my secret to share." He said softly, looking over to me. "I was surprised you had come here at all, young Wolven. I must say I never expected you to leave America like we did China."

"So the American kwamis tend to stay in America?" Chat Noir asked, and my ears flattened against my head as I looked at Master Fu, confused by his words. Was it really that rare for Neeks to leave America?

"Something like that." Master Fu said in that steadily becoming annoying voice paired with that secretive smile. I groaned softly, resting my head in my hands.

"Well, I don't know anything helpful in that department. My kwami's really secretive, remember? All I know, is that he's afraid of her, he was inactive for a really long time, he has a set of rules that apply to his chosen that's actually really hard for people to meet, and unlike you guys, I might have been the only hero like this in America. I'm just as lost as you are."