WARNING: Difficulty Processing- Revisit At A Later Time

Chat Noir's expression grew even more worried, and I knew I needed to give an answer, but it felt like my brain had short-circuited, revolving solely on the fact Chat Noir was Adrien.

"Wolven? Hey, seriously, are you okay?" Chat waved a hand in front of my face, and I forced myself to snap out of my stupor.

"Sorry. Sorry, I-uh- I just- I have to go, Chat...." I stammered, stepping back a bit. I felt guilty about this, but I couldn't just blurt out that I knew who he was. I had to wrap my head around this. "Sorry. I remembered I have to go do something and- I'm sorry." I gave him one last apologetic look before activating my boots, jumping away from the confused black cat and going back home.

--------

Once I was safely back in my room, I detransformed and Neeks immediately flew around my head as I began pacing, my hands tangled in my hair.

"Chat is Adrien." I mouthed repeatedly. Soft croaks and voice breaks were coming out instead of words because I was trying to speak, but I didn't care. Neeks, however, did.

"Yeah, I know. I know he is, but Jasper, you need to stop trying to talk, you're hurting your throat!" The small kwami said nervously, paws tugging gently at my hands to try and get me off the mumbling. I knew I should stop, I could already feel the burn and itch that came with trying to speak, but I needed to at least try to be vocal for once because this was a huge revelation.

"Neeks, this is bad..! W-what if- what if somethings happens and I accidentally spill the secret?! His family- our friends- they-they could get hurt or-" A sharp pain struck my throat and my hands flew from my hair to my mouth as I coughed heavily and harshly into them, doubling over slightly and squeezing my eyes shut tightly.

"I told you!" Neeks cried in distress, and I could hear him digging through one of the many candy bowls along my desk behind the onslaught of coughs.

When I finally managed to stop coughing, breathing heavily and face probably red from exertion and barely being able to breathe properly, Neeks flew over with a cough drop in his paws and dropped it into my hands. "You calm again?" He asked softly, watching as I unwrapped the small candy and popped it into my mouth. My hands were shaking lightly, but I nodded and took a deep breath.

I went to my desk and grabbed my notebook and pencil, flipping through the notes until I found the one I needed. "Sorry..." I flipped through the color coated pages and skimmed the page I needed, pointing to the next one.  "I should have listened."

"Yes, you should have." Neeks scolded, before his stern and distressed expression fell and he let out a long, weary sigh. "Are you okay? Does anything still hurt or feel irritated?" He flew closer and placed a paw gently on my throat, resting his soft, fluffy head there next as he listened to my breathing. At least, I think that's what he was doing.

I nodded carefully, making sure not to headbutt him in the process. He flew back and sighed once again, ears dropping. He looked relieved. "Good, nothing sounds like it was torn or irritated. Eat that cough drop, make yourself some tea, apologize to your mother for waking her up if she sees you, and get some sleep. You've had a long day, have too much information crammed into your head, and have school tomorrow. We can talk about all this at a later date."

Once again I nodded, walking from the room as I sucked on the cough drop and enjoying how it soothed my throat. It felt a little weird, kind of like honey was coating my throat and kind of chilling it at the same time, but it really did help. It was easier to swallow. I went to the kitchen and quickly made myself some green tea, adding a spoonful of honey and a dash of cream. Normally I'd add more but I want to soothe my throat, not sweeten the tea to the point it felt like it was too sweet and was "burning" my throat.

Thankfully I didn't run into my mom as I made the tea and went back into my room, because I don't really know how I'd explain trying to talk as I panicked over something without either giving away details or playing the nightmare card, and  neither of those were options I wanted to commit to.

Neeks had managed to pull back a few of the covers on my bed enough so I could crawl in, making me smile as I crunched away the last of the cough drop and set the cup of tea on my nightstand next to my pills. He was curled up on his own pillow and I got in bed after changing, turning off all the lights except the small lamp on the nightstand, and pulling back the last of the covers. As ai drank my tea, though, the revelation that Chat Noir was Adrien was still causing my head to swim- not because it was impossible to see, or think about, because that was obvious. No, the reason it was causing my head to swim was because I couldn't believe how no one seemed to realize. Even after the tea was gone and I had laid down to sleep, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

But the exhaustion for the day won out in the end, and my thoughts faded into background noise; turning into silence as sleep took its grasp and held me until the morning.