Getting Caught Is Never Fun

You guys are so much more accepting compared to people on Fanfiction.net, seriously. I love all of you guys and I thank everyone who has read this far for, well, reading this far even though Adrien doesn't end up with Marinette! Seriously, half the reviews I've gotten of Fanfiction.net are people saying they love the story but refuse to read it if Adrien and Jasper are the pairing, because the love square is too precious (and apparently seems to be the only acceptable pairing?) Speaking of the love square, why do some people like one version over the others or whatever? They are the same two people??? Like, nothing really changes except their clothes and they get more confident in themselves? It confuses me.

Anyway, thank you so much for sticking with me this far and not hating my OC or the pairing, it means a lot to me. I'm excited to give you guys a chapter that answers some rather important things on Halloween!

The next day throughout my classes, I was much more collected and able to think straight. I could talk to Adrien like normal, smile like normal, and all in all had pushed the thought to the back of my mind with relative ease. Yeah, it still caused something like nerves to tug uncomfortably at my gut and heart whenever I looked at him and noticed the similarities, but it didn't affect my friendship with him. He was Adrien and Chat Noir. He was himself, and it wasn't like I wasn't doing the exact same thing. That thought calmed my nerves faster than I had expected.

"Hey, Jasper, when is your mom's exhibition?" Nathanael asked as we walked to English from another class. I thought for while, thinking of how many paintings my mom had finished and what she had left.

I shrugged lightly and flipped to a clean page in my notebook, writing my response. "Probably in a month or two. She'll start letting me give out invitations once the date is confirmed."

"Cool. I can't wait to see them." Nathanael smiled sheepishly, clutching his drawing book a little closer to his chest. "Think she could give me pointers at some point?"

I chuckled breathily and nodded, flipping to a highlighted page where I already had a response prepped for the question. "She'd love to. Come by whenever you'd like and she'll gladly help you where it's needed, if at all."

Nathanael's smile brightened and he nodded. "That's be great, Jasper! Thanks so much!"

I waved my hand dismissively, which translated to "No problem" or "Don't worry about it" in this context. Nathanael's grin didn't leave his face as we walked into the last class of the day.

The excitement and relaxing atmosphere of the day didn't last long, however, as screams came from the floor below. Chloe groaned in annoyance, checking her nails for a moment as she whined, "Not another akuma attack!"

Kim piped up next, looking a little nervous as everyone seemed to debate leaving or staying in the room and hoping nothing would happen. "Yeah, does anyone else notice how often our school is attacked? It's a hotspot for akuma!"

I nodded and looked around, starting to slowly inch my way to the door. I needed to leave and transform before people got hurt. I didn't know where Adrien was but I was certain he'd find a place to transform and make sure he didn't get himself hurt. Ladybug would be fine and get here soon, wherever she was.

I froze when I felt something slimy and warm touch my leg, a heavy shiver traveling up my spine.

Something is crawling up my leg-

Okay, okay. Stay calm. It's probably nothing.

I slowly looked down, gasping and mentally screaming as I saw a long, thick gelatinous tentacle wrapping around my leg, watching with wide eyes as the disgusting thing started to slowly dissolve the parts of my clothing it touched. My breathing skyrocketed and I started hopping on one foot, shaking the other in an attempt to somehow loosen the thing and get it off me. I'm pretty sure it only tightened its grip but I kept trying anyway, terrified of whatever property was causing it to dissolve.