The Final Battle

I'm sorry if this chapter seems really rushed. I wasn't sure what to write and I really want to get to the final chapters of this book because I really think you'll enjoy them much more than this one, so I was trying to get this out as fast as possible or else this might never get written.

The next week, just like the months before, flew by. It soon became time for us to fight Hawkmoth. Adrien's father let him stay at my place again tonight, so we planned to sneak out after leaving mom a note saying we went out for breakfast and would bring her back something later that day.

The morning of the fight, we woke up around 4:30 in the morning, and after making sure we were awake, transformed. I sighed heavily, biting my lip. "Alright, let's do this." I said softly, smiling at Adrien before opening my window and leaving my bedroom with him. We made our way to Hawkmoth's hideout quietly, watching as the city slowly began to wake up.

I was letting Adrien lead, since he already knew where it was. When I saw where we were heading, though, I froze. Adrien stopped, looking back at me nervously. "Jasper...? Hey, why'd you stop?"

"Adrien..." I started slowly, staring at the house we were heading straight for. "Why are we going to your house?"

He flinched at the question, rubbing the back of his head nervously and not meeting my gaze. "Um... H-Hawkmoth's lair, it's, uh..."

I didn't need to hear the rest though, as the dots connected in my head and my stomach suddenly dropped. "By the Angel, Adrien!" I shouted quietly, stepping closer. "Why didn't you- you can't fight your dad!" I said quickly, looking at the cat superhero with worry as I took his wrist in my hold. He still didn't meet my gaze, his cat ears flattening against his head sadly.

"I have to, Jasper. I can't let him keep doing this, and I really, really want answers." He said softly, voice barely audible as he seemed to slump in defeat. It hurt to see how this was eating Adrien up inside.

"Why... Why didn't you tell me?" I asked softly, and he shrugged helplessly.

"It-It didn't seem like something you needed to know..."

I stared at him, scoffing slightly in disbelief. "Not- Not something I needed to know?" I asked softly, dropping his wrist from my grip. "Adrien, you've been keeping this inside for months. Months!" I threw my hands in the air, exasperated. "I understand personal privacy, I understand having a terrible father. I get it, Adrien, but this isn't something you should keep to yourself! This isn't something you should have to deal with in your life!"

"What makes you so sure?" He asked defensively, tense again as he met my eyes. They were filled with hurt, and I held back a small sound of frustration and sadness.

"Because it shouldn't be a burden someone like you has to bear!" I snapped, making his eyes widen. I groaned in frustration into my hands, scrubbing my face for a moment before taking Adrien's hand again and pulling him to his house to wait for Ladybug. "Adrien, you are the sweetest boy I've ever met. You do everything you are told, you keep smiling even when you are hurting..." I said softly, having used the walk to his house as a chance to calm myself from my unexpected outburst. "You've been punished enough by your mother disappearing, and now this?" I smiled sadly at him, laughing weakly. "It's just wrong."

"But that's what happened. We can't change that, Jasper. I still don't see why I should have told you... You were going to find out eventually." Adrien mumbled, looking down at the roof of his home, frowning at it.