Forevermore

A few days later, in the evening, Paris held a little celebration in honor of Hawkmoth's defeat at the Eiffel Tower, which was where it all started. Most of the city went to it, even tourists, because, hey, it's a city-wide party. It was actually amazing how detailed it was, though, considering the town had no idea who Hawkmoth was. I was surprised with how easily they accepted that he was defeated, but weren't allowed to know his identity.

There were going to be fireworks, there was food and drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), there were a few selected carnival rides, and Jagged Stone was performing. I'm sure there was more, but I had honestly stopped paying attention after that.

My mom was going to the celebration with Astrid and Noel, and I was going with little Evangelique, Marinette, Alya, Nino, and Adrien. I was proud of Adrien; after a day or so he was back to normal and happy again. I feel like he had been preparing himself for this since he found out where Hawkmoth's lair was, but it still made me happy to see Adrien truly happy again, even if it took such a small amount of time.

Adrien and I knew we'd have to sneak away at some point in order to make the guest-star appearances of Chat Noir and Wolven, and I had a feeling Marinette was going to have the same problem.

The party began at 8 o'clock that evening, when it was already dark and the city was filled with lights. Everyone was dressed in party clothes, the adults in a bit more controlled clothing, but most of the young adults and teenagers wore outfits like they were possibly going to clubs or house parties. My group of friends and I, however, kept our clothing choices a bit more conservative.

Alya dressed in a simple orange and red summer dress, a small black purse slung over her shoulder so she could keep her phone by her side. She had her arm hooked with Nino's, who was wearing an outfit similar to his normal outfit, although it was a lighter blue shirt and a button up, and he wasn't wearing his normal hat-he was wearing a dark gray one-  or his headphones. Marinette had yet to show up, but I remember her talking about a new dress she had just finished making, a white one with cherry blossoms dappling the top left and bottom right corners. I had a feeling she'd be wearing that. Adrien was wearing a long sleeved, black button up and white denim skinny jeans, and he was still wearing those dorky orange converse that just suited him well.

I was dressed in an outfit Neeks had picked out for me. A black tank top with a red and black flannel shirt on top of it, the sleeves rolled up to my elbows. My normal blue scarf was replaced by a soft red one, and I was wearing the red beanie Marinette had made me. My pants were some of the worn down jeans I owned with holes in the legs and frayed edges, and I was wearing red converse. Neeks had on a tiny little blue bow tie I had found, and he was wearing it proudly even though no one would see. Evangelique was wearing one of her favorite dresses, a simple lilac dress with a faint sprinkling of sparkles that looked a little light rain.

While Jagged Stone was performing, the others danced with each other while I danced with Evangelique, spinning the young girl around a few times and causing her to break out into a burst of giggles and laughs. Her smile was so wide, you could see where she was missing missing a baby tooth. Adrien turned to us and offered Evalgelique his hand, and after glancing between the two of us, she took his hand as well, and just started dancing with us both, making us laugh.

I exchanged glances with Adrien when Neeks nudged my side, and I looked to Alya and Nino with a hopeful look.

"Hey, can you guys watch Evangelique for a little bit? Jasper and I need to do something real quick." Adrien asked, and the two looked at each other before grinning. I immediately knew what was going through their minds and I blushed darkly. "It's not like that!" I mouthed, making them laugh.