Modeling Gone Wrong

I followed Adrien into his home, staring in awe at the white and black marble floor, and just... White and black everything. Except, it seems, for the walls. The wall were such a light blue they almost looked white. Either way, the mansion was too clean and orderly for it to feel homey. It had a cold feel to it, making it feel even more like it wasn't really lived in. Which made sense, if only Adrien and his father lived here. A mansion for just two people? That's too much space, no matter how you look at it.

At the top of the stairs stood a man in a candy cane colored suit; red pants, gray vest with red buttons, white jacket, red and white cravat*, and white undershirt. He had pale blonde hair, possibly graying, and round, black-rimmed glasses, and his arms were folded behind his back. Behind him, was a portrait of him and Adrien in all black, taking up a really large portion of the wall.

That's a depressing picture... I thought, looking up at it and studying it. It seemed like it was taken at a funeral or something, and Adrien really didn't look happy in it, which made me sad as well.

"Father, you remember Nino." Adrien motioned to Nino, who gave a small wave, his father giving a curt nod in response.

"Ah, yes, the young man who came to get you a birthday party last year." He said, tone dry and unfeeling, if not a little hostile as he came down the stairs to stand in front of us. I stepped a little closer to Adrien on impulse.

"Right... And this is Jasper, the boy I was telling you about." Adrien motioned to me and I flipped my notebook to the page with my greetings on it, pointing to the one in he middle.

"Hello."

I looked around my notebook to see Adrien's father raise an eyebrow, curiosity in his face. "Do you not speak?" I quickly nodded and flipped to the page talking about my condition again, showing it to him. "I... See. Well, I must get back to work now, so I'll come and get you when I need you to model, alright boys?"

The three of us nodded, Adrien and Nino giving vocal responses as well, and as Mr. Agreste went up one flight of stairs, we went up the other. My jaw dropped when we reached Adrien's room, and I wished I could speak and express my amazement that way.

"Dude, your room is still freaking amazing every time I come in here."

Adrien laughed slightly and shrugged. "Yeah, well, I guess father thought he could get me everything I could ever want in this room instead of just letting me hang out with people my age." Adrien said with a small sigh before smiling. "Anyway, what would you guys like to play?"

I shrugged, and Nino thought about it, watching as Adrien got out some of the games he owned that weren't the arcade games in the corner of his room.

"How about Ultimate Mega Strike 3?" Nino suggested, grabbing the game and waving it around. I nodded in agreement, smiling and sitting on Adrien's bed.

"Alright. Jasper, do you want to play winner?"

"Wait a sec, dude, you should play winner. You were second place in the rankings for the school champion!"

Adrien flushed slightly in embarrassment and I silently giggled, shaking my head. I flipped my notebook to an open page and began writing. "I agree. You should play winner, because I'm pretty sure you'd be the winner no matter which of us you went against. No offense Nino."