A Story Within A Story (Part 2)

That evening, after Adrien had gotten the sadness and betrayal out of his system and we spent the entire day fooling around, I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling of my room. Neeks flew over, sitting on my chest.

"Wow... Busy day, huh?" He said softly, and I nodded, reaching up to pet him. "Think Adrien will be okay?" I nodded before pointing to my mouth.

"He's tough." I mouthed, "He's been preparing for this for months."

Neeks' ears flattened against his head. "Well... Still. It feels wrong that he's home alone."

"I know, but he insisted." I mouthed, frowning slightly. "Mom and I both offered him to stay the night."

"Do you think she knows?" Neeks asked, and I shrugged. "Anyway, it's amazing the media hasn't tried to figure out Hawkmoth's identity. Guess Ladybug's request really got through."

"Well, it is different from the Akuma. Mr. Agreste knew what he was doing." Neeks sighed softly at my words, and flew to his pillow, settling himself down on it.

"Well, I'm tired.... Sleep well tonight, Jasper." He said with a large yawn before closing his eyes. I nodded, giving him a few more pets before looking at my ceiling again. Even though Neeks was tired, I was wide awake. I had no desire to sleep just yet. I sighed faintly, sitting up and grabbing my writing notebook, flipping the pages back to the story I had been writing all those months ago. I thumbed the page, rereading what I had written a few times, before pulling the pencil out of the spiral binding and placing it to the paper.

The next day, after the sun had fallen, Felix and Oliver made their way to the edge of the forest, with Oliver riding on Tivachi's back. Felix untethered his horse, fed it, got onto its back, and they went on their way. On their journey, Felix studied the strange duo in the silence that usually fell over them all, taking note of whatever he could.

He noticed how Tivachi would periodically make Oliver walk, although he stuck close to the vampire boy, as if to make sure he didn't fall. He noticed how Oliver always looked tired and worn, and that whenever Tivachi brought him something to eat, he would look disgusted with himself even as he hungrily gulped down as much blood as he could. Sadly, he also noticed that most of it was thrown up about ten minutes later.

Tivachi did most of the talking when Felix asked questions. Did most of the talking in general. He explained that Oliver's body was used to being empty, and while it hungered to be filled, it couldn't handle regaining so much at once. Oliver throwing up was a regular occurrence, no matter what they tried. The wolf explained that Oliver wasn't much of a talker because of similar reasons, but they were working on it.

"He hasn't spoken to anyone in thousands of years," Tivachi explained one night, when they were waiting patiently for Oliver to come back from where he had gone to throw up blood. "Add on the fact his throat was burned terribly from the chains on his cloak, and you've got a boy who could barely say a single word before coughing when I first met him." Felix looked over to the wolf, noticing the sadness and pride in his silver eyes as he continued to speak. "He gets tired easily when speaking now, and his throat pains him if he talks too much at once, but he's made so much progress in the months I've known him."

"...Did they mean to leave the chain on his throat?" Felix asked softly, looking towards where Oliver had gone when he heard leaves rustling. Oliver was walking towards them, the back of his hand pressed against his mouth and his gaze locked on the ground. Tivachi sighed, standing so Oliver could climb back on when he reached them.

"Who knows? Whether it was an accident or a form of torture, not even Oliver knows." Tivachi's eyes slid over to Felix, who shivered from their intensity. "Either way, it was left there to hurt him."