14, bokuaka

requester ; SunflowerHinata

prompt ; things you said after you kissed me

ship ; bokuaka (bokuto x akaashi)

pov ; akaashi

category ; sad, a bit of fluff

word count ; 575

"it's always been you, and it'll always be you."

you were calmer than most people thought, especially when we were alone. you could be very rational and smart. you could calm me down on the rare occasions i needed it. near the end of my second year in high school was definitely one of those occasions.

we were lying on the couch, your muscular arms wrapped tightly around my waist. it was as if you never wanted to let go. i didn't want you to let go either. we were watching some movie, i can't remember the title, and it was about a university student. i started to think about how you were going to be gone next year, off to university while i would be stuck in high school all alone. i started to cry, fat tears rolling down my cheeks. everything about me, including my sobs, are quiet, so you didn't notice until my tear drops hit your arm. you looked down at, me and for once, you were completely silent. "what's wrong, akaashi?" you asked, the concerned look in your eyes twisting the knife in my gut another degree.

"it's just.. next year you're going to be gone, you know?" i choked out, burying my face in the fabric of your t-shirt. you started rubbing small circles in my back which helped to ease my feelings.

"akaashi.. don't think about that," you told me. i shook my head.

"how can i not? you'll probably go off and have the time of your life without me. wh-what if you meet someone else, you know? after all, i'm just gonna be some high schooler from back home. there'll be a whole world of people at university." i sobbed. i normally kept these things to myself, but i just couldn't help it. it was rushing out of me in tsunami tides.

you sat up and pulled me up with you. you grabbed my shoulders, forcing me to look you in the eye. "keiji." my eyes widened at the use of my first name. i'd told you that you could use it before but you barely did. "please don't think that way." you pulled me in for a sweet kiss. it was salty from tears but it didn't make it any less enjoyable. it was exactly what i needed.

"i will never meet anyone else. you are the only one for me, okay? no one understands me or puts up with me like you do. and i promise, we'll skype every night and i'll call you every morning. if i can't call you or skype you, i'll text you so you know i'm thinking about you because i always will be. i'll be cheering at every one of your matches, as long as you agree to go to mine." i sniffled and laughed a little. i nodded, weakly smiling, and you smiled back. "you will never be 'some high schooler from back home'. you're the love of my life." i blushed at this. normally you weren't so sentimental, and i wasn't used to this type of thing. "it's always been you, and it'll always be you." you kissed my forehead gently, and a whole new wave of tears fell from my eyes. "akaashi, why are you still crying?" you asked quietly.

"because i'm happy," i replied, smiling through the tears pouring down my face. you wiped them away, kissing each cheek and causing me to giggle.

"i love you akaashi."

"i love you too bokuto-san."

note ; i definitely didn't cry while writing this what are you talking about