Dally or Darry? Which should I choose?(vote in the comments) - chapter 18

The dream.

I was in the living room. Soda was passing, on the verge of tears. Darry was biting his nails. He hasn't done that since he was 15. Ponyboy does that, too. They always do that when their really nervous. Wait,... Where IS Ponyboy? Then, Dally walked in. I wanted to run up to him and give him a hug. But I couldn't. I soon realized, I wasn't really there. If anything happened, I couldn't help. When Dally came in, Soda grabbed him by the collar. I almost gasped. Soda yelled, "Quit your lyin' Dal! Tell us where our brother is!!!"

"I don't know." Dally said, nearly smirking.

"Tell us!!!!!!!!!!!" Darry and Soda yelled, simultaneously.

"I don't know!!!!" Dally yelled back.

Darry made a fist and started toward Dally. Without having to look at Darry, Soda put his arm out, stopping him in his tracks. Then, he approached Dallas, taking a piece of paper out his back pocket. He handed it to Dallas.

"I know that your lying." he said in a calm voice. "So, take this ta Pony... Tell him that Darry and I want him back... Tell him... Okay?"

Dally nodded, leaving. Where did Dallas take Ponyboy?

Then, everything blurred and, next thing I knew it, we were in the hospital. I could barely see. I heard a pained voice say, "Stay gold, Pony. Stay gold." Then, I heard a weeping sound and a bang on the wall, as if someone was forcing the wall to obey them. I could faintly see a strong figure run out of the room, angry.

The scene changed once more. I saw a shadowy figure was standing under a street light. He pulled out a gun, pointing it at the fuzz. Soon enough, everything came into focus. It was Dally. The shadowy figure... The juvenile delinquent... The bad guy... The hood... Dally... ... ... My Dally...

Then, I woke up, screaming, "DALLY!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!" My hand shot up, as if I was trying to block the bullets that came next. I found myself, in bed. Darry was sitting on the edge of the bed, watching me, startled by my scream. He pushed me back, softly laying me back down on the pillow.

"Go back to bed, Ashley." He must've been startled when he realized that my dream was about Dallas, but he'd ignored it.

Falling back asleep, I wondered who I could trust. Dally or Darry? I don't want to choose... But I have to... So, who?