Good morning, Dallas. Good morning,... GUYS?! - chapter 36

The next day, I woke up with Dally's arms around me. I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "Aw, Dal." I said. Then, I heard a cough beside me and I jumped. It was Sodapop. Beside the bed, Pony, Darry, Steve, Two-bit, and Johnny were sitting next to the bed. They were just watching us. I groaned. "What is wrong with you boys?" I said.

"Nothin'." Pony said with a chuckle.

Darry gave me a funny look. "Did we miss something? Should I be worried?"

"Should I go pick up a tester?" Steve asked.

I rolled my eyes and went back under the covers. "Very funny, guys."  I said.

I tapped Dally on the shoulder. "Dal, wake up. Before Two-bit starts thinking of some jokes."

"Too late!" Two-bit said.

He lifted the blanket up and Dally was in his underwear. Two-bit whistled and Dally woke up. I rolled my eyes again. "Two-bit, stop that! I know for a fact that at least half of the people in this room sleep in there underwear, too!" Everyone of them started blushing except for Johnny.(Well, of course. Johnny sleeps in the lot.)

Then, Dally took back the blanket and yelled, "Shut up, guys! I'm tryin' to sleep!"

Johnny put his hand on Dallas's shoulder. "Dally, wake up. It's 2 in the morning. Why do you think we were waiting for you 2?"

Surprised, I jumped up. "What?! Why didn't you wake us up?!"

Pony chuckled. "Ya just looked so peaceful. We ain't never seen Dallas that peaceful."

The guys cracked up laughing. I got out of bed and grabbed some clothes from my closet. I got a flannel shirts, jeans and, a leather jacket. I left the guys in my room to laugh at each other while I got dressed.

Dallas's POV

Ashley left the room to go get dressed. I sat up in bed and asked the guys, "Why were you guys really watching us?"

"Well..." Pony said.

"We were worried 'bout her." Darry said, continuing Ponyboy's sentence.

Soda sat down next to me. "You know how protective we are over Ash. She's our kid sister. And,... Well,... To be fair..." He looked me up and down. "Look at yourself! What is there not to be nervous about?" Steve chuckled a little and I sent him an evil glare. He piped down.

Johnny smiled at me. "So, ya really like her, huh?"

I smiled back. "Yeah, how'd ya know?"

Johnny tapped his chin. "Well, let's see... Ya haven't smiled like that since... Well,... Ever!" I could feel my ears get red. They never do that!... Wow!

I chuckled. "Really?"

They all nodded. I stood up and went to the hallway. I left my stuff on the couch. I went downstairs and got ready. When I came back upstairs, the boys were laughing their lungs out, again. I was walking down the hallway when the bathroom door opened. Ashley walked out wearing a green flannel shirt and a pair of shorts. She had a leather jacket tied 'round her waist. She looked so beautiful. We walked back into her room and she asked, "Has anyone seen my makeup?"

I smirked at her. "I was wondering why you looked so good today. Don't wear that lousy makeup. You look beautiful without it." She rolled her eyes and went to go look for it.

When she was gone, Two-bit held up a little pink purse. It was full of blush, concealer, eye liner, and lip gloss. I smirked. "Two-bit." I said, cocking an eyebrow. "For once, I'm proud of you." Two-bit tossed me the bag and I hid it under the bed. I liked her much better without makeup.

Ashley walked in a minute later. She put her hands on her hips and said, "Alright. Where did y'all put it?"

I shook my head, pretending that I didn't know where it was. Finally, she gave up on looking. I'm glad she did.