Darry's back! - chapter 47

Saturday morning. I was in bed. I heard  my alarm go off. I pressed the snooze button atop the alarm clock, but the annoying noises would not stop. I groaned, grabbing the alarm clock and throwing it the floor. A screw flew out and the battery cracked in half, revealing a white, pasty liquid. The noises still never stopped.

"I'm going mad!" I thought. I looked, confused as hell. I looked up at the doorway and noticed Darry standing there, smirking. He was the one making the noise!

I was about to strangle him when he stopped making the noise and ran up to me. He grabbed me in a hug, lifting me out of the bed.

I grinned and giggled. "Hey, Darry. What's up?"

He put me down and put his arm around my shoulder. "I'm staying home today."

I tilted my head, slightly and cocked an eyebrow. "But I thought you had to work till 3. And then you had a date with-"

He cut me off. "-I broke up with her."

I was shocked. "Why?!" I asked, tilting my head a little more. But, I knew the answer. To tell ya the truth, I really did. But, I didn't like the truth.

"I told ya the truth, Ash. Ya want me to explain it again?"

"But,... I don't know... You were just so... Ya seemed so happy with her."

He shook his head, not looking me in the eye. "No... She wasn't right for me... And... After what happened yesterday... Oh boy..."

I pushed a piece of hair behind his ear. The small curls at the tips of his locks reminded me of my own. Though the color of mine looked more like Ponyboy's, the faint curls in my hair were the same as Darry's. That, and our sharp features. "Don't worry, Darry." I said, giving a slight smile. "We'll always love ya. Pony, Soda, and I... Okay?"

He nodded and I kissed him on the cheek. I love my brother. He has a big ol' heart in his chest.

We went downstairs and into the kitchen. The whole gang was here, awake, but not a single one of them decided to cook breakfast. Darry and I were the only ones who could actually cook.

So, we walked into the kitchen and took out some supplies. There was no question about it that we were making scrambled eggs. Pancakes were to hard and the guys were getting fussy. We were done with breakfast in less than half an hour. We walked into the living room, trying to balance all of the plates on our arms. The second we walked in, Dallas noticed me. He leaped off the couch and grabbed a few plates. To thank him, I planted a firm kiss on his left cheek. Darry cocked an eyebrow, making me giggle. I gave him a kiss on the cheek, too, and he gave me a nod of approval.

The 3 of us handed out the plates of food and then sat down on the couch. We could barely fit among the rest of them, so Darry had to push Steve off. Steve landed on the floor and growled. "Quit doing that, Superman."

Steve got up off of the floor and sat down in one of the chairs.

Darry grabbed a plate for himself and started digging in. I followed, stuffing my face to the brim with food. Once everyone was done eating, we piled into the car and drove to the Dingo for a day of fun.

Thank god, Darry's back!