What's wrong with Darry? - chapter 41

The next day I woke up on the couch. I was next to Darry. Darry had fell asleep mid-noogie. He was giving Ponyboy one. Ponyboy was on the floor in front of Darry. He had a big grin on his face. Sodapop was on the opposite side of Darry. He was leaning on Darry's shoulder and smiling.

I stood up and went into the kitchen to get some breakfast.(Aka, chocolate cake.)

I grabbed my cake and headed back inside. I sat back down on the couch, trying not to wake up Darry. The second I sat down, though, he woke up.

"Hey, Dar." I said, fixing Darry's hair. "How'd ya sleep?"

He rubbed his head. "Pretty good. You?"

He put his arm around my neck. My neck! Uh oh. He's gonna see the... He's gonna kill me!!!

"Please tell me that there gone. Please, please, PLEASE!" I thought.

He smirked and laid a finger on my neck, exactly were the mark was. I kinda blush. "Ya mad?" I asked, not looking him in the eye.

He was still smirking. Smiling, even. "What? Ya think I didn't notice?" He started laughing. I was blushing even more. I didn't think he'd notice. Or be this okay with it.

Soon, Sodapop woke up. He saw Darry laughing and looked confused. Then, Darry showed him the mark on my neck.

Soda playfully put his hands on his hips. He wagged his finger, saying, "Now missy. How many times do we gotta tell ya-"

"-Calm down, Sodapop!" Darry interrupted, startling Sodapop. "She's 14! Let her do what she wants!"

I'm 16, just to clarify. But, I decided not to correct Darry. He was on my side for this one.

Soda shrugged. "Sure, whatever. As long as it doesn't go any further." He gave me the evil eye. I nodded, not wishing to get him angry.

Why is Darry acting like this? I'm not saying that i don't like it, but it's just... Weird. Darry's never this laid back. Before today, he would've murdered Dallas for givin' me those marks on my neck!... Was it because of Destiny?... Nah!