He sure can put on a show. - chapter 27

"You excited?!" Dally screamed with excitement as the T-bird pulled onto the free way.

"Yeah!" I yelled, a little quieter than he had. "I'm just a little worried 'bout Darry getting mad at us."

"Don't worry." Dally said, "I asked Darry if you could come with me. He said yeah, if I promised to get a hotel room with 2 beds."

"Hotel?" I asked.

"Yeah." he said, "if you don't mind, I rented out a hotel room in New York. I'll drive us back Friday morning." He put his arm around me. "That sound good?"

I grinned. "Sure does."

We got to Broadway at 5. We strode into the theater, wearing our leather jackets, jeans, and sunglasses. People stared at us, but we don't care.

We sat in the first row.(Of course, our seats weren't in the first row, but we sat there anyway.) We put our feet up on the bars in front of us. While we watched the show, he had his arm around me and I laid my head down on his shoulder. Every once in a while, every time someone kissed in the play, he would kiss me.

During the intermission, Dally went to go get some snacks. He came back with 13 Hershey's bars, 7 Pepsi's, 9 bags of chips, 18 sacks of cheese doodles, and 2 mugs of coffee that said the word Grease with -ers added at the end in marker.

Seeing him try to carry everything, I started giggling and ran to help him. He sure went all out with the snacks.

After the rest of the play, we left in the T-bird with 10 chocolate bars, 3 cans of Pepsi, 5 bags of chips, 9 bags of cheese doodles, and 2 empty mugs. We drove to the hotel.

The hotel was huge. And once we got to the room, it was ENORMOUS.

There was a huge TV, a stereo, and 2 bedrooms.

"2 rooms." Dally said, "Darry would kill me if there was any less."

We walked into the first room. I was beat. Dally could tell because he motioned for me to lay down and get some rest. After I laid down, he walked toward the door. Right before he turned off the light, he said, "Good night."

I said the same thing, but more groggily. He turned out the light and left the room. I was laying down,... Thinking again... When I heard a light knock at the door. "Come in." I said, softly.

He looked at me, grinning like crazy. "When have you know me to follow the rules?" He scooted in next to me. I was grinning, too. The second we were both snug in bed, I finally felt like I could fall asleep...