The Shepherd jerks. - chapter 52

It was another Monday morning. Dally and I were planning to go do something. We didn't really know what, though. So, we started by walking around town. We walked down the street, holding hands. Then, we saw 2 familiar faces.

I looked up to see the Shepherd brothers. I rolled my eyes as Tim approached Dallas.

Tim grinned. "Hey, Dallas. Fancy meeting you here."

Dallas rolled his eyes. "Hello, Tim. What is it?"

Tim's eyebrow raised. "What? Since when do I have to have a reason to talk?"

Dally narrowed his eyes and crossed his arms.

Tim put his arms out, defensively. "Alright, alright. I lied. I just heard that ya went all soft. I wanted to know if it was true."

Dally gave him an evil glare and a smirk. "Tuffer than ever. Why wouldn't I be?"

Curly grinned. "The broad that you picked up. She all elegant like."

Dally grabbed my hand. "What if she is?"

"You can't be tuff with a broad like that. You can't get 2 wins. You gotta choose."

Dally held my hand a little tighter. "No, I don't. She's tuff."

Curly's grin grew at an alarming rate. "She ain't tough. Watch. She can't even hit me." He pointed to his chest and held his arms out. A free shot. But I didn't wanna hurt him.

I turned to Dally for guidance. He put an arm around me. Then, he looked up at Tim. "She ain't needin' to prove herself."

We walked away with our dignity until Curly yelled, "Wimps!"

Dally tried to turn back around to tackle him, but I stopped him. And, so, we walked all the way back to my house.

What an odd day. And it wasn't even over yet.