Darry, meet Destiny. - chapter 40

I was outside of the DX. Soon enough, Dally came outside. He looked like he just had the best time of his life. He got to beat up Nick and now we were goin' back home. We went inside and sat on the couch. It was 7:30.

Dally and I were watching TV. All of a sudden, the boys filed in. Soda and Darry were the first ones in. I quickly popped my collar, so they wouldn't see the marks.

"Hey, guys." I said. "Ready for your dates?"

Darry rolled his eyes and flopped down on the couch. "Ugh! Do I have to go?"

I nodded and started fixing his hair for his date. "Y'all have 15 minutes to get ready."

Soda and Darry started getting ready. They were done with 5 minutes to spare. Darry hopped in the car and started heading toward Dairy Queen. Soda was on the couch when we heard a knock on the door. Soda opened the door and saw a cute girl. She waved and said, "Hey there, Sodapop." His mouth was hanging wide opened. I'm guessing he liked her.

Darry's POV

I pulled up to Dairy Queen and walked in. And I saw her. Destiny. Her name is Destiny. I hate Destiny. Destiny was the girl that I took home to bug my parents. To save Soda. I despise that little jerk. I hate her... But she loves me... I don't know why.

"Darry?" she said, walking up to me. "Darry Cutesicle?"

"It's Curtis." I corrected, real annoyed.

She cackled. "I know, silly!" she said, putting her arms around me. I was so uncomfortable.

"I can't believe that my sister set me up with you." I grumbled.

"Whatever do you mean?" she said, putting a finger under my chin. "What sister?"

"Oh thank god!" I yelled. "So, she wasn't talking about you! Oh, thank the lord!" I stormed off.

She tried to follow me, but I had a different plan.

I turned toward a pretty girl nearby. "Hi there." I said. "Wow, I sure have missed you."

She turned around, confused. I gave her a pleading look and she smiled. "Hey, Hun. How are ya?" she kissed me on the cheek and Destiny got angry. She stormed off, getting mad. She ran out of the door.

I turned toward the girl. "Sorry 'bout that. I was waiting for a date that my sister set me up on. I can't seem to find her."

She smiled. "No problem. Hey! Are you Darrel Curtis."

"Yes?"

She put out her hand and I shook it. "Hi, I'm Destiny, Daniel's sister... I'm your date."

"Well then." I said, grabbing her hand. "Let's talk."

Ashley's POV

It was gettin' real late. It's 12. I'm worried about Darry. He's not back yet. What happened? Is he okay? Did he get jumped?!

I was pacing back and forth. Soda was looking at the ceiling, thinking about Sandy. He really liked her. Pony was nervously reading his book.

Then, Darry ran inside. He was grinning from ear to ear. When he ran inside, he slammed the door and hopped on the couch. He grinned and looked at us, over joyed. I looked him in the eye and said, "Where were you?!"

Darry was still grinning. He said, "I think I'm in love with Destiny."

I didn't blame him for being late... Wow... Darry's in love... Wow...

We all tackled him in a big ol' hug... Wow!