Darry has a bigger heart than I thought. - chapter 35

Ponyboy started cheering. He even started crying. He said, "Thank you, Darry! Thank you, Darry! Thank you, Darry!"

Ponyboy was so excited that he turned up the stereo and we all started partying. Dally and I were dancing when he kissed me right in front of my brothers. Darry pulled him away from me and started dancing with me instead. Dally shrugged and said, "Oh well. But I get her later."

Soda rolled his eyes and started a conga line. Dally, surprisingly, was the first to join in. Then, we joined in and we all danced all night long. After we were finished dancing, Ponyboy and Soda went to bed. They were so tired from dancing that they passed out on the bed. Darry went to bed, too. Dally was sleeping over, so he headed for the couch.

Then, Darry said, "Dal... As long as I'm bein' generous... Go upstairs with Ashley... As long as you don't try anything!"

"Thanks, Dar!" he said. He went to shake Darry hand, but Darry grabbed him in a hug. Wow! Dally and I went upstairs and I was about to fall asleep when Dally said, "I think he's warmin' up to me."

I smiled. "Yeah." I said. "So don't screw it up." I joked.

Dallas giggled and said, "I'll try." He put his arm around me and I fell asleep.

Darry was finally warming up to him.