Party Time! - chapter 57

Darry POV

We're still workin' on getting ready for the party. That guy I was talking on the phone with, it was Tim Shepherd. I was asking him if he can round up a few guys to make sure that no Socs get in. He said he would,... If he and Curly got an invite to the party. I wanted to say no, but I had to. Then, he had another request. I definitely denied that one. He wanted Ashley to go somewhere with Curly after. I nearly swore at them, but I stopped myself. He admitted that that was an illogical request and I agreed to invite them to the party.

Now, it's 4:30 and we're just finishing up the decorations. They'll get here soon.

Dally's POV

Okay. It's 4:30. I should start heading back to the house for the party.

I grabbed Ashley's hand. "Hey, Ash. I think your brother wants us headin' back."

She smiled. "Okay."

We went off to the car and I decided to drive around for a while. After a while of aimlessly going around town, she said, "Dal? Didn't you say we were going home?"

I chuckled. "Yeah. We will. What time is it?"

She looked at her watch. "4:50. Why?"

I bit my lip. "No reason. It's just..." I tapped my foot. "... Mickey Mouse is on at 5. Let's head back."

We approached the door to the Curtis house.

Ashley's POV

I approached the door to my house. I could hear what sounded like the TV on.

I went to open the door when Dally put a hand on my shoulder and turned me around. He put his arms around me and smirked. "Happy birthday, doll." He kissed me and I kissed him back. We stayed there for what felt like forever. It was good.

Then, I heard what sounded like a cough, and we parted. I looked up at him and he was grinning. We walked inside. The light was turned off.

I paused. "Where is everyb-?"

I was cut off by a group of people jumping out from behind the couch, tumbling down the stairs, and running out of the kitchen.

I smiled in astonishment. "Happy birthday, Ashley!" they all screamed.

I chuckled. "Aw. I love you guys."

I walked over to the gang and grabbed them all in a group hug. I messed up Johnny's hair, gave Pony, Darry, and Soda kisses on the cheek, and I was grinning at them all like crazy.

Then, I heard someone cough from behind me, trying to get my attention. I turned around to see Dally, his hand on his hip, waving sarcastically.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes. I walked over to him and hugged him, too. The guys started laughing as they turned on the music. We all partied like our lives depended on it.

I was dancing with Dallas when Two-bit walked up to us and asked, "May I cut in?"

I laughed as he started dancing with Dallas. But, when Two-bit tried to put an arm around his waist, he swatted his hand away and whacked him upside the head. I was laughing so hard, I almost coughed up a lung.

Then, the door swung. 2 people ran in. "We're here!" yelled the taller one.

Darry ran up to him. "You're an hour late! Where have you been?!"

The short one smirked. "Had to pick up some hair grease. But we're here now." I remember that voice. I squinted, trying to be able to see 'im better.