Chapter 67. Conversation For Two

Several hours later . . .

Byron's POV

In my deep slumber, I dreamt of nothing, but pure darkness. Nothing strange filled my head and no voices appeared-it's been so long since I last slept in peace. But it was disturbed by the sound of my phone, vibrating against a flat surface.

Keeping my eyes shut, I felt for it on the small table beside my bed. Normally, I would check who was calling before picking up to avoid any unwanted conversations, but my head was clouded and answered it immediately. I placed it beside my ear, waiting for the speaker.

"Hey, I'm in front of your house." The voice said. Tim?

I rolled over the bed, still half-asleep, "Why . . ?"

"The key." He reminded, "Give it to me."

I groggily sat up as I tried to open my eyes, "What time do you think it is right now?"

There was a long pause on the other end, I nearly fell back asleep, "Were you . . . actually sleeping?"

Oh, right. I never did tell them about that yet, thanks to Brian who keeps interrogating me, "Is Brian with you?" I asked.

"No, he's asleep in my house."

I nodded even though he couldn't see me, "Good, come up here." I said as I rubbed my eyes, regaining full consciousness. I should talk to Tim while I can without Brian disturbing us.

I hung up as soon as I heard the backdoor opening from downstairs. It wasn't long until I heard his footsteps outside the room. Tim came in with an odd expression.

"So . . ." He muttered, looking at me with caution, "What did you want to talk about?"

"Why am I getting tired almost everyday?" I went straight to the point. Suddenly, my stomach growled, "I'm also hungry for some reason."

He shrugged, "Well, you still need sleep and food, don't you?"

"But, I already slept yesterday." I explained, "Why am I tired again?"

Tim blankly stared at the ground as if he was thinking about it, "I don't know . . . Did anything weird happen lately?"

"No." I denied.

He shook his head, "Come on, you-what the hell happened to your arm?" He suddenly said.

I glanced at it to see the blackish bruise around my arm and a small cut on my thumb, "I just-I shut the door on my arm." Why is it still there? Naturally, it would have healed by now.

Tim crossed his arms with a disapproving look, "You're not that stupid." He mumbled, "I'm not Brian. You can talk to me, you know."

I locked gazes with him before I sighed, looking down, "These are her's." I gestured to my arm.

"And you took it from her? Why?" Tim sat down on the edge of the bed, elbows on his knees.

"It was my fault and I thought it would heal anyway." I admitted, "It should've been gone. It's not healing like it should." I frowned, finding these things strange.