Chapter 21. Weird

"Hey, Andrea . . ." I called out to her before she could leave the classroom. Carrying her backpack, she stopped in her tracks and walked towards me when.

She glanced behind her for a moment, "Bye, Helen." She smiled at the boy who only gave her a nod, but she's satisfied with it.

I copied the smile on her face, "How's Helen doing?" I asked.

"He's . . . not completely ignoring me, I guess." She let out a small laugh, "Tom's also trying to be his friend."

"Tom?" I raised a brow.

"You know, Tom Muller, the guy who sits there," She pointed at the seat near the back. I see . . . another quiet one, I still wasn't that familiar with my students' names but I remember their faces. Tom is similar to Helen, they both keep to themselves. "By the way, Ms. Williams, is there something you want?" Andrea asked, breaking me away from my thoughts.

"Oh, yeah, they said you did a report of some sort about the disappearances?" I inquired and she nodded, "Do you still have it? Because I'd really like to know more about it and I trust your projects are legit."

"Well . . . I don't have it." She shook her head, "But Sir Jones might."

"Byron?" I mumbled, "Why?"

"I asked most of the teachers for extra credit because I missed a lot of classes before since I got sick." She explained, "He told me I could just do a report on the disappearances."

"What? Why?" I grew more confused, "What does that have to do with History?"

"I don't know . . . but the disappearances started decades ago so I guess it's still related to History . . ." Andrea sounded unsure, "Maybe."

"Decades?" My eyes grew wide, "Do you have a copy of that report? Anything I can borrow?"

She shook her head, "Not really, it was a journal I made and everything is handwritten. I think Sir Jones forgot to return it to me, but I don't really mind."

I crossed my arms, impressed. "Handwritten? You're a really dedicated student." I complimented, "More dedicated than I ever been . . ." I whispered the last part to myself, remembering the awful school memories.

Andrea laughed, "Thanks, Ms. Williams. But if you really want my report, maybe you can ask Sir Jones." She gave me a wink.

"Alright, I'm keeping you from your next class." I turned to my desk and managed the activity they just finished, "Thanks, Andrea."

"Anytime, ma'am." She grinned before leaving me in the room as I wait for my next class.

Not only do I have to ask Byron if I did anything to offend him because of his deceptive death stare, I also have to ask if he still has Andrea's report. I just hope he does.

Andrea has the guts. Frankly, students probably would disagree to do a report on the disappearances. Why would Byron even use that as a topic? He could have just given them a topic about world war or something in the book.

But . . . thanks to that, I could gain easy information about the disappearances and stalkers so it's all good.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

"Finally . . ." I murmured to no one in particular as I left my classroom. It's already late in the afternoon and I just finished my last class for the day. It was surprisingly stressful, except I wasn't stressing about any of the schoolwork I had to grade, I was and still am worrying about the whole ordeal with Byron this morning.

In my hands were small canvases neatly categorized to their according classes. However small these canvases are, it's still pretty heavy because there's a lot, and I have to carry it all in a huge pile for the sake of not returning to the room again.