Chapter 76. Our Histories

As I was showering, I heard a knock on the bathroom door. "Byron?" It was Tim.

That usually meant a permission to enter the bathroom. Since I was hidden behind the shower curtains, I let him in with a question, "What?"

I heard the door open amidst the sound of the water. I heard Tim push the door close as quietly as he could before walking a bit closer to me, "Hey . . . I just wanted to ask something." I sensed him lean on the wall beside the sink as he asked in a voice that seemed slightly awkward.

"Ask what?" I urged, wanting to finish the conversation as soon as possible. We could just talk later after I'm done anyway. I moved my head away from the stream of water to hear him better.

"Um . . ." Tim started, "You know . . . you smell 'weird.'" He reminded me. I think I know where this is going.

When he stopped, I inquired further, "And?"

"Well, Brian thinks you jacked off." He tried to find the right flow of the sentence, but clearly failing. "I don't agree with Brian. Do you have something you want to talk about?" He said, ignoring the previous awkward statement. Knowing Tim, he had probably already pieced it out before he even asked me. It's no use in denying it when he's like this.

I didn't turn off the water so it would muffle out our conversation if Brian happens to be near, "Something happened between me and her last night." I flat out said.

"Oh." Tim reacted with little to no reaction as if he already expected it. He doesn't even have to ask who I meant. "I'm not really sure if that's a good or bad thing. How do you want me to react?"

I sighed, my mind suddenly blank, "I don't really know either. It just happened."

I sensed him shifting from the other side of the room, "I noticed you took the pack of beer from the fridge. Were you drunk?"

"Yes, I was." I nodded even though he couldn't see me, "But, I don't regret my actions from last night, Tim." I made it clear, "For once, I think agreeing with my emotions is the right thing to do."

"What kind of 'emotions' exactly?" Tim questioned, "Is it just sexual? Temporary?" Why is he worrying about those? Shouldn't it be my business alone?

"It's not 'just sexual' or 'temporary.' She's mine." I said with a serious tone. "She and I are in a relationship now."

Several seconds passed by without another word exchanged. I was about to say something again before he spoke up, "Well, that one surprised me." He gave chuckle, "Seriously, though? You? In a relationship? With a real girl?" He said in pure disbelief, making it even more rude. When I didn't react, he continued, "Sorry for being nosy. I just wanted to know if you're sure about things."

I immediately calmed down at his words. Of course, Tim is the careful one among us. I just got so used to Brian interrogating me for his own amusement and curiosity that I mistook Tim's intention for those as well. "I don't mind telling you things." I muttered, "But . . . I may not regret my decisions, but do you think I made the right choice in the long run?" I asked the one question that has been in the back of my mind.

Tim was silent for a few seconds before heaving a sigh, "Honestly, I don't see a problem as long as she doesn't find out about us. About you. Brian is a different story though. He might not like it."

Oh, wait, Brian.

"Won't Brian be suspicious that we're both here?" I said in a mild panic. I'm starting to feel cold here in the shower and turned the knob to a warmer temperature. Wait, cold? I haven't felt bothered by coldness in ages.