Chapter 2| Moments

I don't own Fairy Tail or the characters. Hiro Mashima does.

~ Lucy's P.O.V ~

"Lucy."

I blinked, looking at my teacher.

"Hai?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. The class erupted into fits of laughters.

Clearly, I wasn't listening to what he was saying. My mind was too blank as I try to remove earlier's image inside my head.

"Did you hear meh question? Or are you too busy daydreameh-ing?"

Capricorn. My teacher who looks like a goat and honestly, he's awesome but dealing with Mathematics first day in the morning is a total bummer. To make it worse, I was distracted.

I looked at the board and read the question. You see, Capricorn-san usually writes the question on the board and asks his students that is not listening the question that he wrote on the board. Does that even make any sense?

True or False. An antiderivative of function f divided by an antiderivative of function g is an antiderivative of function f / g.

What the hell does that even mean?

"I was listening, actually." I finally answered Capricorn-san. I honestly don't know how to answer the question though...

"Okay, why don't you stand up and answer." He says before making his way in front.

I nodded and stood up, "It's false..." I answered before staring once more at the question. It doesn't mean that because I'm a straight A student, doesn't also mean that I should know every answer the teacher throws at me. Mavis, let me come up with an answer!

"Please go here in front and explain why."

What the... Does answering his question not enough? Okay, focus Lucy! I read the question again... and again as I made my way in front. I faced my classmates and saw Natsu just sitting there, looking out the window looking extremely bored.

I sighed. "Well, you use the rule of diferentiation to differentiate F and G," I wrote F / G on the board using the marker, "where F is the antiderivative of f and G is the antiderivative of g, and see that you cannot get f all over g." I wrote everything on the board actually as I explained it.

I have no idea what I just said or what I just wrote.

I looked at my classmates to see that they all have a blank look on their faces. Even Natsu.

"That's correct... Very well, Miss Lucy. Now, who among you guys didn't get this?" Capricorn-san asked the class and everyone raised their hands.

He face palmed.

I shrugged and went back to my seat before looking at Natsu once again. He was growing more and more distant as the time goes by. He's starting to change and I don't even know why but looking at him every time I am with him, he's not pleased.