Chapter 31| Gifts

I don't own Fairy Tail or any of its characters. Hiro Mashima does.

Warning: Swearing

•Shout out to everyone reading this story. Thank you guys so much! 😘

~ Lucy's P.O.V ~

Walking inside my house drenched in my own tears and seeing a bunch of boxes of presents inside my room isn't what I expected to run in to. Most especially, was the fact that I didn't leave anything inside my house open.

"So how on earth did this... Never mind." I sighed.

Why do I even question myself? Every weird and oddest things happen to me in the most unexpected time. It's almost midnight since I stepped here inside my room. I face planted on my bed and sighed. I'm tired inside and out.

I turn on my back and stare up my ceiling. Clearly, I was out of luck. Talk about being called the 'Lucky Lucy' when all I ever receive are misfortunes.

I don't know why but everything seems to be painful to me. Why is that?

I sat on my bed and looked at the letter that I teleported here awhile back. I grabbed it and took a deep breath.

"Please... Whatever it is that is written here, give me at least the best explanation about everything!" I prayed before kissing the letter.

Okay... Here I go.

I opened the letter and started reading.

"Dear Lucy, I know that you have lots of questions about what happened on the night that I left you...Hell yeah, I do." I said before reading again. "Let me start off with me being a part of a mafia. Me and your mother created Heloise and I wouldn't want you to get involved but I'm sorry. The Dracos. They are the one responsible behind the death of your mother." I gasp.

What the hell.

I thought she died from an unknown disease?!

No, no...

"Lead by Igneel.... No freaking way. I don't fucking believe this...." I shook my head before resuming on reading, "...Dragneel. His wife died because of some Mafia war that he started with us and she was killed by one of his members but he thought it was us and he's out taking revenge on us. I heard that you were friends with his son.... Uhm, not anymore I think but I do like him..." I mumble to myself.

So... So, his parents knew all along?

Does Natsu know it?

"If you were wondering how I know all about you is because I'm keeping an eye on you since the day I left you alone. I'm sorry for that. I'm sorry for not explaining everything to you and it is too late. Igneel Dragneel is the one whose going to kill me after we meet and I'm probably dead by the time you're reading this."

"He was following me for a month now after I last called you that is why I know. I also know how he took care of you but I also found out that he was the one behind your almost death when you were a child. You were saved by his son, yes? It was all just a script, Lucy. He thought that he could never kill me so he thought that maybe taking care of you and stealing you away from me would lure me out to be near him."