Chapter 38| Happiness

I don't own Fairy Tail or any of its characters. Hiro Mashima does.

I'm sorry for the super duper late update guys! Forgive me!! I was so busy in school, I can't find time to publish one but here you go! Enjoy!

Warning: Swearing

~ Lucy's P.O.V ~

I blinked.

This can't be real.

Out of all the times in the world, it just have to be now. Seriously. We can meet on the arena for all I care but in the middle of the street in Crocus? Well, I haven't thought of the possibilities actually.

I am so not ready with... all these shits.

His, as well as the others, expression brightened up. Natsu stepped forward but was stopped by Zeref.

"Hey," he called out everyone's attention, "stop right there." He said.

Natsu, obviously unable to contain his obvious anger, glared at him in return. Typical Natsu.

"Why the hell would I?!" He sneered at him before shaking his head, "wait, why are you with her anyways?" He asked instead.

"That's none of your business." I said, getting in between them.

Gray looks at me, "Master told us you were missing."

I stare at him. How? I know that they didn't tell Makarov about that little incident that's for sure.

"You told him?" I asked before I shook my head, "wait, why am I even talking to you?" I ask instead before facing Zeref, "why am I talking to them?"

He shrugged, "Wanna go?"

I nodded.

"Wait!" I sighed. Natsu. Natsu.

"What?" I asked, my voice valid with bluntness and iciness. He flinched as I turned my head to look at him. I look at each and everyone present before my eyes. "I don't have the time to talk with the likes of you."

"What do you mean, Lucy?" Jellal asked.

"You know what." I glared.

He looked down, falling silent upon my coldness.

"Hey, Lucy..." Loke started, "I know that we didn't hit it off the bat back at the island but we want you to know that we're sorry for not helping you."

"It's not about the help, Loke. It's what you think and feel about me." I told them before finally turning around and grabbing Zeref's hand. "You betrayed me and I hope you all know what I'm talking about." I told them.

"Is that it?" I paused. "Are you going to leave it just like that? Our friendship? My love for you? Everything?" Natsu just had to have a say.

But I'm not going to let him have the last say. I'm not going to lose. Not anymore. Anyways, I still have a lot to say but this isn't the right time nor the right place.

"Why do you even ask, Natsu?" I ask him before repeating my question as if truly exasperated, "just why do you even ask?" I felt Zeref squish my hand for a second before I finally teleported us to some inn.